Found out something while slaving my MCI...

Racerxrated

It likes the impedance reduced when using the line out. I've been slaving my MCI to a Roland SDE 1000 through an HH M900, out to 2 Marshall cabs. No loop and I don't want to mess with how great it sounds as is....the M900 is the same as the V800 but fewer in/out options and no VU meters. Sounds great...but I noticed some tone suck from the dry cab which is just coming straight out of the Wizard speaker jack. On a RTers suggestion I reduced the impedance on the amp to 8 ohms and that helped a ton. Just a tip for anyone if they notice a little tone suck if they are slaving...My cabs are Marshall 16 ohm mono.

Interesting... makes sense, though, if the line out is coming off of the speaker jacks. I have a few amps that have line outs that do come off the speaker jacks, so I'll have to try that with those. Thanks for the tip!!

I run my wizards dry into a 16 ohm cab, wet cabs using the line-out. I haven't noticed any tone suck when using the line out. I'll try the lower impedance and see if I notice a difference

mhenson42":3fdaa1qu said:
I run my wizards dry into a 16 ohm cab, wet cabs using the line-out. I haven't noticed any tone suck when using the line out. I'll try the lower impedance and see if I notice a difference
It's pretty minor, not that noticeable but it's there.

Racerxrated":nlofy60y said:
It likes the impedance reduced when using the line out. I've been slaving my MCI to a Roland SDE 1000 through an HH M900, out to 2 Marshall cabs. No loop and I don't want to mess with how great it sounds as is....the M900 is the same as the V800 but fewer in/out options and no VU meters. Sounds great...but I noticed some tone suck from the dry cab which is just coming straight out of the Wizard speaker jack. On a RTers suggestion I reduced the impedance on the amp to 8 ohms and that helped a ton. Just a tip for anyone if they notice a little tone suck if they are slaving...My cabs are Marshall 16 ohm mono.

Hi,
I just picked up a Wizard MC with 2016 updates.
No Loop.
So ,I do have a VHT 2150 Power amp that I currently use to power a Fractal Axe FX IIXL+
Can I use the "line out" on the Wizard and just plug into the Fractal "Instrument "In?
Stereo setup wet cabs and the Wizard MC providing the killer gain. (the Fractal would be effects only)

Am I thinking correctly here?

I'd rather have just a delay in a Loop setup but dont want to give up the VHT poweramp to power the speaker.
Ron at RJM told me the easiest way is to get a Suhr ISO Line out between the speaker and the amp. then the out to delay,then a power amp.

My heads spinning here...lol
Happy New Year,
~ John ~

Is there another input to use on the Axe other than instrument in ? Is there a line in ? Or line level in ? Use that if there is. Or, use the Wizard line out into a stereo delay (or 2 mono delays) then into the VHT.

I do have a Strymon Timeline and a El Capistan

And there are 2 line level inputs mono (left) or both for stereo. (on the Fractal)

So , only using the left(mono) would it still be stereo into the VHT and 2 4x12"s?

Well, you need 3 cabs, one for the Wizard and one each for each side of the stereo spectrum. I’d bet the Axe can split to stereo inside itself, or use a Y cord from the line out into both left and right on the Axe.

Back