Wizard MTL Lead channel preference, Pull shift or pushed?

lessarti

Just curious what other mtl users prefer when on lead channel ? When i first got this beauty i liked the pull shift option pushed in but after experimenting i think now i prefer it pulled for the shift in mids to get more aggressive tones.

What is the census amongst other fellow owners?

wow 35 views and not one person owns a mtl that has an opinion or thoughts or anything? I guess it doesn't matter then.

lessarti":ytgieqfw said:
wow 35 views and not one person owns a mtl that has an opinion or thoughts or anything? I guess it doesn't matter then.
I had a 2012 MTL 50. Great amp, but the mids were too un-Marshall for me. Sold it. I now have a 2010 MCI and love it, the mids are right were I like them. Plus this amp takes virtually any boost pedal I throw at it. The MTL I had did not like any of my boost pedals...I do remember running the SAT at 7 and pulled, liked that setting best, but I left the shift alone. Would have kept it if I could have added some upper mids. Great amp.
This sub forum is a little slow, give it a little more time and you'll get a few more responses...

Wizard of Ozz":1wsaz4sm said:
I like it pushed in... but haven’t really experiemented to much. It’s supposedly a mid-cut iirc???

I think it's more of a tone stack EQ shift. Ask Rick he'll explain exactly what it does :LOL: :LOL: :D

I find it adds highs and cuts the lows a little with it engaged; changes the tone considerably. It adds some more clarity as well. I prefer some guitars with it in, and some with it out. My last 2016 MTL seemed to be almost in reverse where it sounded like it was engaged not pulled compared to my 2012. My 2017 is like my 2012. I found differences in all the 7 Wizards I owned based on what year it was. My newest is a Vader 6L. Mids are much more prominent than on the last two I owned.

bumping as i'm keen to hear from others on this one.
I've been liking it pulled more lately as it's a little 'too marshally / vintagey' with it pushed for my tastes

Definitely pulled for me always .I play thrashing heavy shit and with it in it’s too thin for my tastes

Last edited:
Back