Captor and Wall of Sound issues

FondledDuck

I’m having some issues with WoS...when I open it up while using Reaper, it has two cabs set up each with their own controls, etc. Is it normal to have two or should it be just one? Anyways, the real issue is after selecting the cabs and mics, as soon as I try to tweak contour or the pan level the sound goes away. I’m running my Friedman 16 ohm out into the 16 ohm captor which is powered by a wall wart, cab sim is turned off, and xlr out into my Focusrite interface set to line level. I’m also in arcade mode, if that makes any difference. Please help!!

HI

Is it normal to have two or should it be just one?

It's normal, but you can deactivate the right one if you just want the left one. ;)

Anyways, the real issue is after selecting the cabs and mics, as soon as I try to tweak contour or the pan level the sound goes away.

Is there a chance that you would be using a cabinet that is not in your library? Try unchecking "Online" in the filter at the center of the interface, to see if the cabinet your using is still here or not. If it disappears, tit's normal that you have silence from time to time these cabinets are just meant for trying them out.

I’m choosing the stock cabs. I realize when not using stock cabs when the le boutique sign flashes, the sound will disappear for a few seconds, but this is different. What’s happening is when I am tweaking the settings, as soon as I mess with contour or the pan level controls, the sound immediately goes away and never returns. It’s not the cab that disappears, it’s the sound. I see that signal is passing through because the lights light up and the vu meter is reacting.

Back