Just bought an Torpedo live... Feature wish for the future

tomweishaeupl

I really want a parametric eq 4-5 Bands with the typical gain, freq and Q settings ...
i also use a pangaea which has this and now i upgraded to the torpedo but i really can't
get my sound right now ...

is ther a way to eq IRs and upload the already EQed IR ? or maybe even the built in cabs ?

thanks for helping
maybe somday we get this feature that would be amazing

just to add ... the torpedo live has the parametric mode too ... so i'm a bit disappointed because that software made me buy the torpedo live ...

Hi tomweishaeupl,

Torpedo Studio and the WoS plugin have a param EQ. Live was designed for live performance, in other words situations where you don't really mess with a param eq.

You have access to a lot of cabinets and microphones and I would advise to first work on the mic and the placement before doing any kind of EQ. that's what a sound engineer would do, unless he has no backline.

Plus, in a couple months max, you'll get the possibility to mix 2 microphones in front of the virtual cabinet.

If you are using 3rd party IRs, you can process them with the free Torpedo BlendIR software where you'll find a 31-band EQ. you can mix up to 8 IRs and export a file that your Live can read.

thanks a lot for the answer guillaume :)
but any chance we get a parametric eq in a update ? i mean especially for live it would be cool to dial in the EQ exactly how i would in the the studio
just so that the foh mixing engineer only have to make it fit to the room. man some tiny venues have still analogue mixers ther the eq is very minimalisitc

Thanks for the Tip with Blend IR i'll check it out! :) maybe this solves my problem completely. I totally fell in love with the "Uber"cab when i used
Wall of sound so hopefully i can use it again as soon as the parametric EQ (hopefully comes) because my fav. setting in Wall of sound had the uber cab and so on

But it look that i have to spend more money to get the sound i had in wall of sound live ... i'll check out the torpedo studio then too :)

OMG BLEND IR IS PERFECT :D thanks for the tip Guillaume !!!! that is exactly what i'm looking for!

i mean parametric would be always a great solution to get rid of that 4k noise but i think i can work with this :) thanks so much ...

oh and it crashed everytime because i haven't choosed a soundcard maybe a warning dialog would be cool, it took me some time to figure your why it was crashing just by loading IRs in

I never say than an update is out of the question, but I can tell you nothing is scheduled for the Torpedo Live apart form what was announced at last NAMM. ;)

YTes BlendIR is not a perfect tool yet, it's has been in Beta forever, we have a plan to get back to it later this year and fix what's wrong with it. So it's working great, most of the time. :)

Back