WOS ParaEQ with Torpedo Live for ULTIMATE tone!!

xiwiwix

I have had an idea for a while,

Would it be possible on the Live when connected to an amp and cab to bypass the:

Cab, Mic, Reverb, Power Amp sims

And have only the Parametric EQ that comes in WOS (four band Para EQ with hp and lp)

This way the "Torpedo Live" user can Parametric EQ the amp tone between the HEAD and CAB.

I'd imagine the Live would have enough DSP to run that awesome WOS paraEQ.

(side note: Would the Torpedo Live have enough power to run : Cab, Mic with the WOS ParaEQ?)
(side note: This way the user can EQ the amp tone, and still use the Cab and mic sim to go FOH)
(side note: Even if loading custom IR's was the only option to help with DSP)
(side note: I'd imagine this would be a big update, but it would breathe more life into the LIVE)

Hello,

When you say "between the HEAD and CAB", do you mean a real cabinet ? Connected in the Thru output of the Live ? In which case this is not possible, the sound coming out of the Thru output is not and can not be processed in any way by the Live. It's just a direct connection to the amp.

If you mean a real cabinet connected to te Line output of the Live, this is not possible either : it can't output the power needed to feed a cabinet.

Long story short : the Live can't process anything between an amp and real cabinet. It can only take the sound from an amp and output it, processed or not, to a sound interface, mixing console, or other device with a line input.

Back