looking to get a Torpedo Live or Studio

Hi,
Looking to purchase a Torpedo Live or Studio and I'd like to know if I can hook up a guitar preamp and an amp, and whether it's possible to switch between them on a per preset basis in mono. I was looking into the Studio diagram below but I couldn't find any references on what the circle and triangle symbols do in the block diagram. (I suck at schematics). Also wonder if the Live follows the same block diagram.

Thanks!

fetch_php_cache_media_torpedo_studio_routage_line_l_amp_studio.png

Hi geetar_geek79,

the triangle is a gain stage, the round is a mixer, the square designates the channel. Torpedo Studio has 2 channels and the Torpedo Live is mono, so that should answer your question about the Live being able to handle two signals.

In the Studio, you can either mix an amp and a preamp simultaneously, select one source only to feed the two channels in stereo.

In the Live, it is either the amp or the preamp, and it's the action of plugging a jack in the Line input that deactivate the Amp input.

So, to answer your initial question, the Torpedo Studio could in theory do that, except the fact that the input selection is in the SETUP menu and is a global parameter that's not saved with a preset. So you can have a preset with only the amp in mono (channel A and B mute), or the preamp in mono (channel B and A mute), but not use the presets to switch the input and output modes.

Back