Torpedo Live better than Reload?

MrFlexx

I have the Torpedo Reload and have a Torpedo Live at hone on try before buy and I don’t know if I’m right or not. But to my ears the Torpedo Live sounds smoother. Any of you feel the same? Are there any technical differences between the two when it comes to the Load Box and Input/Output stages making the other a bit better than the other?

Hi MrFlexx,

there are indeed some minor difference,s, but how are you comparing them? Live has the speakersim bypassed to feed WoS?

guillaume_pille":1objweft said:
Hi MrFlexx,

there are indeed some minor difference,s, but how are you comparing them? Live has the speakersim bypassed to feed WoS?
Yes, I have the speaker sim bypassed and use WoS. I feel that the Live is a bit smoother sounding and it’s nicer for my ears.

Well there are some differences in the signal path: the Live does a double conversion (AD DA) while with the Reload you do it with your soundcard.

So it's not strange that you hear something different, it will depend on your soundcard and your amp (more or less sensitive of the tiny differences in the impedance curve between the two units).

Back