I can't get any sound from my monitors using Torpedo Live

hudsonmanson

Hi guys,

I just got my Torpedo Live and I'm new about this.
I connected everything correctly (Guitar > Amp > Torpedo Live > Focusrite 2i2 > Monitors > Torpedo Live Remote.

I'm using a TRS balanced cable on the Line on Focusrite 2i2 (I saw many people using it instead of S/PDIF and works very well).
Well, I can't get any sound from my monitors. The only way I got some sound it was turning on the "Direct Monitor" function on Focusrite, but it sounded terrible.
I'm not using a DAW, I'm using Torpedo Live Remote only.

I need help, please, I tried everything and searched about it and I didn't find any solution. :/

I'm sending photos of my connections below.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 729
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 726
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 734
Hi Guillaume!

Yes, the output is Wet/Wet, it was one the first things that I checked on the Live and on the Remote.
Unfortunately I don't have headphones or phones with TS/TRS jack because I just got all of my gear once.

Do you have any more tips for me?

Thanks for your attention!

Sure, you can plug the Live output directly into one of your monitors.

Also, you don't have one single pair of headphones? Not even with a mini-jack and an adapter?? You need one ha ha.

guillaume_pille":1svsy8i9 said:

Also, you don't have one single pair of headphones? Not even with a mini-jack and an adapter?? You need one ha ha.

Really? :D
I'll try that! I know it's a shame not having a headphone, haha!
I'm a newbie guy trying advanced equipments because I like to read and search about gear!
I really don't have an adaptor, but I'll try connecting directly to one of my monitors and I'll post here about it.

Thanks, man!

guillaume_pille":3j6bmty4 said:

Hi Guillaume!

I tried to connect directly to one of my monitors and it sounded perfect!

But I really get some sound using my interface only using the "direct monitor" option, but sounds kind bad and very low volume, even adjusting the "db", in level, amp volume or monitors volume.

Maybe I need a interface, but it doesn't make sense because I should control everything using only the Torpedo Remote. I'll download a trial interface like Reaper and I'll try use WoS there.

Now we know everything coming from Torpedo Live is fine, do you have any more ideas to help me for getting a higher/better sound from my monitor using my Focusrite?

Thanks, man!

UPDATE:

Hi Guillaume,

I could get a nice sound using Reaper with WoS, finally!
But, I still can't get a nice sound using only the Torpedo Remote. I only have sound when I use Direct Monitors option and it's terrible, low and clips a lot. :no:

Honestly it's a weird issue, because when using the direct monitor on the soundcard it should just be what's coming form the torpedo Live, nothing more, nothing less. Maybe you have a level issue, or something else that is hard to fix without being in the same room as you are :/

Back