Help Me Connect my Torpedo Live to Garageband

bertis

Hi all - I’ve just received my Torpedo Live but i’m find the manual and most of the YouTube videos a bit fuzzy on connecting it to my audio interface and GB.

My AI is a Focusrite 2i4, my DAW is Garageband.

I have a guitar lead going from the LINE OUT of the TL to line in on the front of the 2i4. When I strum, it registers on the IN LEVEL on the front of the TL as well as the INPUT on the REMOTE. (I am not using the S/PDIF out because the 2i4 does not have an S/PDIF out).

However, GB is not registering at all and I can hear nothing.

Do I need GB (or a DAW) to be hearing sound? When I open a new file in GB, I take it I enter EMPTY PROJECT then CONNECT GUITAR OR BASS...?

The cable is TRS to TRS - should it be TRS to XLR perhaps...?

A million thanx for any help

Salut Guillaume,

Ça a bien marché et un grand merci pour votre aide - jusqu’ici, c’est le top du top!

I’ll post a series of screen shots for the more recent version of GB at some point soon.

But certainly, once I get familiar with it, I’ll shoot a Youtube piece taking in initial cables and connection of the LIVE as well as going from the audio interface to DAW.

In essence:
Connect TL output via TRS to Line 1 on the Focusrite (set to LINE)
Make sure audio output/input preferences on Garageband are set to FOCUSRITE
Select NEW FILE.
Choose VOICE (not EMPTY PROJECT)
Make sure MONITOR is clicked on down in the track section.
After that, it’s just a question of experimenting and getting the levels between the two devices right.

Cheers and see you around the forum!

Hi Bertis,

ok that's good news, we sometimes forget that even beginners can use our products.

Have fun and let us know about that video, we'll share it!

Salut!

Back