Midi Controller Pedal Recommendations for the Torpedo

mjac28

HI I recently purchased a Torpedo and would like to know some of the best midi controller pedals for it. I just want to control basic functions it doesn't have to be fancy.

There is no :"best" controller, only perhaps someone's favourite.

If you were looking to use all of the Torpedo's implementation, that would a different story because nor every controller has the ability to manage and route multiple control messages.

For preset control, it's all about ergonomics so what feels good under your toes.... layout, spacing, footprint

If I was shopping, I'd like a unit that also controls my amp's channel switching and perhaps some pedal loops so that I could consolidate all my switching onto one surface... something like the Boss MS-3. If I was looking for bare bones switching, maybe a Tech21 Midi Mouse.

Some pedals allow mapping presets to programs which would mean you wouldn't need to repeat programs to match the presets... for example if you had an H9 and the Torpedo and use a single Torpedo preset with 2 different H9 presets during a set. Your pedal could call up the corresponding programs on a per device basis.

sysexguy":3ssl967f said:
There is no :"best" controller, only perhaps someone's favourite.

If you were looking to use all of the Torpedo's implementation, that would a different story because nor every controller has the ability to manage and route multiple control messages.

For preset control, it's all about ergonomics so what feels good under your toes.... layout, spacing, footprint

If I was shopping, I'd like a unit that also controls my amp's channel switching and perhaps some pedal loops so that I could consolidate all my switching onto one surface... something like the Boss MS-3. If I was looking for bare bones switching, maybe a Tech21 Midi Mouse.

Some pedals allow mapping presets to programs which would mean you wouldn't need to repeat programs to match the presets... for example if you had an H9 and the Torpedo and use a single Torpedo preset with 2 different H9 presets during a set. Your pedal could call up the corresponding programs on a per device basis.

Thank you so much I appreciate the help.

Back