Recto IR

painkiller

Hi
I need a good Recto IR.
Tried the Torpedo ones and Ownhammer but didn’t found the right .
Can anybody help me with that ?
Thanks

Maybe try out chop tones IR. The best I find in two notes store is the 2x12 calihorizontal which resembles the most of a real recto cabs, follow by the recto over. But most of the two notes cab sim sounds like hyper polished up to me. I prefer raw captures so I go with less processed IRs to fit my mix. Though most of them IRs that you can buy would also include a bit of processing already done, just less than two notes and sounded a bit more "real"

But actually I have yet to find a good mesa IR. Red wire, OH, Kathallen, preset for all, rosen, 3sigma, glenn fricker, etc. You name it. Also including the two notes store's few version, Ken susi, recto over, ractofire, kathallen, mirado's cali. All of these mesa IRs have some sort of unnatural bits to me. Another thing with recto is there are many versions that all of these people mess up. Some so called standards sounded like traditional to me. Then there is different speaker used in the capturing of IR depends on production year, some were done with the old 70 watt V30 which sounds thicker in low mids, where as a lot of recent year album productions were done on cabs with 60 watt V30s which is brighter with more sizzels.

So I'd say unless you have the means to capture your own IR, otherwise get something you can tolerate.

painkiller":39jmdvcl said:
Hi @xuan8839 and thanks for your post.
I will try them..
I use a Peavey 6505 with Tubescreamer and try to get a Sound like in this Video at 4:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq32xeZBVpQ&t=350s

He said he uses a Mesa Recto 4x12 Cab but not which IR :-(

Nah, nope. not for me. Nothing personal, but I absolutely hate these tones. I'm a more old school brutal tone guy. All these new tight as arse tones sounds like shit to me.

In fact, for this tone you should be able to sound close with most of those IRs I mentioned. Ownhammer, or choptones. Though with choptones you want to skip the CGER mic pres as those have some seriuos low end thump which wont help with that tone. For ownhammer, try using those mid boost files(if you don't know which file that is, read the pdf that came along.They're usually labeled with something like m+ in the quick mix folder)

It is simple. Be mindful with gain level as higher gains compress in more low ends and make you less tight. And also be mindful with bass knob on amp. Adjust treble only for clarity but not brightness and you're pretty much in the ball park. Modern tones are all about the booster's mid section+lower gain so tons of mids is saturated where as you keep lows and highs much drier. Which almost sounds like you're playing an OD pedal thru cab and is not my cup of tea. I like extremely gritty and edgy fizz with earth shaking lows so I can't help about that tone.

Another thing is to watch out for you pickups of choice. Actives are extremely band-passed sounding which means you have room for bass adjustments. But for passives you really need to watch out and to be tight on gain and bass knobs for this type of tone.

Back