WoS issues

dvon88

Hey all,

I've been having this annoying issue with the Wall of Sound plugin. When I save my project and restart my DAW (Reaper), WoS changes it's sound. Even though the cab selections and all the settings are exactly the same, it sounds completely different. I can even see discrepancies just when creating new tracks and using the exact same settings for the plugin. Sometimes it's sounds super punchy and clear, like I'm standing right in front of a real cab, and sometimes it sounds like a terrible free VST, every single time I close and reopen my DAW. Anyone else ever have this issue? It's like it isn't saving the cab that I am using, but it appears to be in the VST. And even if I change the cabs and change them back, they still don't sound the same.

Hi guillaume,

I tried updating to the full release of 4.3, but it is still doing the same thing. When I create a new track and apply a new instance of WoS to the FX, it sounds great. I am running my amp into a Captor and then right into my interface, and only using WoS on the FX to create a cab sim; no other effects are applied to the tracks. Specifically this is exactly what happens:

Create a new track and apply WoS to the track
Record, render, and do whatever else
After re-opening the project, the cab sim sounds awful
Create another new track and apply a new instance of WoS to the new track, drag the audio files to the new track

Even if I change the cab sims on the initial track, it still sounds disgusting. I don't know what the issue is. The only way for me to resolve it is to create new tracks from scratch and apply a new instance of WoS to those new tracks. Otherwise, it sounds terrible. it sounds like an EQ has been applied to the track or something, but no other track effects are on the track. I attached audio files to this post to show what happens. Remember, I have changed nothing at all, just closed my DAW and re-opened it.

Attachments

• Before closing DAW.mp3
    890.8 KB · Views: 69
  • After closing DAW.mp3
    885.7 KB · Views: 80
Hi dvon88,

that's not a bug we can reproduce here, may I ask you if by any chance you would be using a cabinet in preview mode (online) that is not in your personal library?

Or is it a 3rd party IR?

If you save a Preset in WoS, can you reload it properly?

Back