Fireball 100 Burned Up - NEED HELP - Schematic???

savant421

So my Fireball 100 at practice took a turn for the worse. Bad smell, stayed on, but no sound. Took it apart and there's a big section of the board that clearly burned. Nobody, not even the certified Engl repair shops seems to have a clue how to fix. Looking for a schematic as I've repaired amps before. If anyone could help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

savant421@cox.net

This is what scares me about buying an Engl, too many of these stories out there. I'd like to grab a Retro 100 but worried about reliability. I know every amp can have its issues but I personally know 4 people with Engls and 2 of them have had issues like this.

Hello folks,

I am an (independent) Engl Amp Tech and perform warranty repairs for Engl USA in Los Angeles. From my close connection with the company I can report to you that of all Engl amps sold world wide, there are less than 1% warranty issues which is way below industry standard.

Since I service all brands of guitar amps and have extensive experience with brands like Diezel, Mesa, Marshall, Fender, Framus, Peavey etc etc, I think I am qualified to state that Engl amps are of very fine built. This is high quality German engineering, very well thought out and designed using rock solid components. The amps are hand built in Germany with excellent quality control. Inspite of all precautions there will always be a small percentage of amps that will have problems and every manufacturer has those issues, more or less in numbers.

Engl is in the process of widening their US customer support and Engl's USA representative Michael Berger (Engl Los Angeles Showroom) and I can be contacted anytime for any questions or problems.

Here is the Engl Showroom webpage with all contact information:

http://www.englamps.de/index.php?id=210

You can also PM or email me anytime about technical questions or issues.

Kind regards,

Jens Kruse

not to be an asshole in any way but thats usually what happens when your hooked up to a cab with the wrong impadence setting. you should check and see if someone fucked with your shit, or if you got the wrong hole. if thats the case, you fried your shit

I've owned several Engl amps, two of which I had to get repaired . My opinion is that there designs are lacking because when there is a problem a fuse should fail before a circuit board goes up in smoke... My SE cost $600 to repair.....I also recently spent a couple hundred repairing a fireball 100.

Back