Engl e530 switching with triggers on looper

RichieB

Hi there, this is my first post and my guess is it may have been covered somewhere.

I've been looking for a looper that would allow me to access all 4 modes on the Engl e530. Anyone that owns one will know that with the standard 2 button switch, you can only change the overall gain from low to high with the left button which turns the clean channel to a crunch or the lead channel to high gain. I was looking at this JOYO PXL-Live Guitar Effects Pedal Switcher.

I'm wondering if the trigger would allow me to change channels and gain setting in one pedal click. From clean to high gain for example. I was watching a demo on this looper which showed that you could perform the functions of a 2 button footswitch for an amp. On this one, the left button changed channels and the right button turned on and off, the reverb.

I know about the z11 option that engl have but was hoping i could use this looper and have pedals in the signal. Sorry for the long drawn out question. It's been a journey researching this.

Cheers,

Richie

You need four contact closure relays to do what you want and change all four modes. The e530 uses stereo cabless it is two per jack.

If the joyo has FOUR contact closure (“triggers”) yes it will work with some programming according to the manuals.

If not then grab a midi controlled contact closure box and use the joyos midi out.

moltenmetalburn":3gzfhyv9 said:
You need four contact closure relays to do what you want and change all four modes. The e530 uses stereo cabless it is two per jack.

If the joyo has FOUR contact closure (“triggers”) yes it will work with some programming according to the manuals.

If not then grab a midi controlled contact closure box and use the joyos midi out.

Thanks for the advice, moltenmetalburn.

Here are the specs of the joyo. I think it just may be a go. Originally I was just going to go for a gmajor 2 which I guess would be better value but decided to go for pedals. I also have an ADA mp1 with a broken chorus that will go into this mix when I can fix it.

Specification:
1.Total 8 LOOP channels, but can be used as dual independent 4-channel setting.
2.Built-in 4 triggers enable you to use them to switch the Amp channel or effects mode settings.
3.Four triggers can be set separately for trigger polarity, mode and action status (including the settings under BYPASS)
4.Tuner interface.
5.Independent mute switch for keeping mute or tuning.

Back