Post count for classifieds

gtrjunior

I get that you want actual legit members only , to be posting ads but I'm in the market to buy a cabinet and it seems that I can't respond to any ads unless I post 50 posts. I understand that for sellers but it's a bit much for buyers...

gtrjunior":2qq5o0ab said:
I get that you want actual legit members only , to be posting ads but I'm in the market to buy a cabinet and it seems that I can't respond to any ads unless I post 50 posts. I understand that for sellers but it's a bit much for buyers...

Kind of agree with this TBH. I guess PM's work just as well though.

I haven't seen any Nike bots in a really long time anyway.

Only just signed up here, long time lurker. I am keen to buy a guitar in the classifieds but no way to contact them..

gtrjunior":2v33nsnc said:

Agree, seems 25 might be more feasible.

I been here for a few years. It's not that big of a deal. I didn't make the rules. Just roll with it.
Seems like the McDonald's fast food mentality. It's not a drive thru. It's a silly Internet forum.
Don't like McDonald's go to Burger King.
:LOL: :LOL:

:thumbsup:
gtrjunior":3px13r2f said:

Ditto this. I've scoured the interwebs for weeks, looking for a very specific part that I need. Someone here happens to have it for sale. But I'm not even allowed to contact said person until I have 50 posts. Uhh....seems excessive.

Yeah, it forces you to post stuff just so you can access the classified section to buy something.
It makes sense to post a new topic, but not if you want to reply.

gtrjunior":34u2bu0z said:
Our legit sellers want legit buyers, so you can see how it goes both ways.

Not a perfect system by a long shot, but you gotta do something to keep out bots and Putin from spamming sellers and other members of the site.

Mailman1971":1vsr4n6p said:
I been here for a few years. It's not that big of a deal. I didn't make the rules. Just roll with it.
Seems like the McDonald's fast food mentality. It's not a drive thru. It's a silly Internet forum.
Don't like McDonald's go to Burger King.
:LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This has and always will be a music discussion forum first, classifieds section second. The limit exists to protect the sellers and buyers alike from people who have no background or post history to judge the sale by. Last I checked, sevenstring.org requires that you be a member for 6 months and have over 100 posts before you're allowed to access the classifieds. The rules here are very lenient and exist for a reason. If you don't like them, go somewhere else.

I can crank out 50 BS posts no problem. Most other forums have a similar posting rule, but 50 is as high as I've seen. Most are in the 10 and 25 range.

gtrjunior":1f27hxux said:

Could be worse; here's Sevenstring's policy:

"You NEED to have these two conditions met prior to posting. If not your thread will be silently deleted/closed.

a) Minimum 100 posts (subject to you not just being a post whore)
b) Had 6 months pass from the date of your first post"

And I might be mistaken, but I think TGP charges a supporting member fee, of which there numerous options, to even post in the classifieds.

MetalHeadMike":1c6cp9q9 said:
gtrjunior":1c6cp9q9 said:

Could be worse; here's Sevenstring's policy:

"You NEED to have these two conditions met prior to posting. If not your thread will be silently deleted/closed.

a) Minimum 100 posts (subject to you not just being a post whore)
b) Had 6 months pass from the date of your first post"

And I might be mistaken, but I think TGP charges a supporting member fee, of which there numerous options, to even post in the classifieds.

Truth.

TBH probably 90% of my sales has been from Rig Talk. This is by far the best forum to buy and sell IMO. Unless you want to pay TGP money of course.

I do want a fucking whopper right now though.

Back