JesusToneFreak - great guy, helped settle UPS Claim

WizardSouth-JP

I traded my month old TA Cobra for his mint 2014 Bulldog, but his Bulldog showed up with a small neck pocket crack. When the guitar arrived the shipping box was a little beat up but I've seen worse from UPS. I opened the case and the bridge pickup was touching the strings on the treble side (I thought that was a little odd but didn't put 2+2 together at that point). I looked over the guitar front and back, headstock etc and it appeared to be ok. So I took the guitar home and set it in the closet over the weekend. A buddy of mine who has 3 Bulldogs wanted to see it so on Monday came over and checked it out and noticed the neck pocket crack. At first we thought maybe it was finish crack only but looking closer you could see the crack under the finish. I informed Bill and filed the claim directly with UPS. Well after a couple weeks he got them to pay the claim for the guitar - not sure how much the value tanked as the guitar was gorgeous - and knowing how things like this can affect the resale of a guitar that's no longer made, but Bill got everything taken care of. Thanks again Bill for getting UPS to pay up.

Awesome!
Love to see when things work out.
These shipping companies will pay out. Just have to keep on them and be relentless.
Had to do a claim myself on my last amp I sold.
Little paperwork on my end but I got the money and made the deal right. :thumbsup:

Ya, I gotta say I was reading your post and expecting a classifieds nightmare. Granted, it's not cool to receive a damaged guitar, but I'm glad everything ultimately worked out and you got reimbursed

I've had several packages damaged that I shipped (Bogner 412, Friedman JJ) but UPS will pay as long as you document properly. Bill was relentless in getting them the documents needed to substantiate the value and the devaluation since the neck pocket crack (even though small) would greatly reduce the value of a rare guitar like the Bulldog. Glad he is enjoying the Cobra - i just bought a James Tyler so I just used that dough to pay for it.

Bill has a killer Burning Water that I was looking at as well but I can't justify 2 Tylers right now...but it's tempting.

i could not get ups to settle shit. twice. first a vh4 fully insured(slight damage), then a laney cab that was destroyed. lost my ass on the cab deal. fuck ups.

Back