Mini Jubilee best tube..inverter phases...pedal platforms

Jeff13th

Hello, I have a Marshal Jubilee 2525h and I like to know what tube do you think would be best for the inverter phases and the preamp section to have the headroom as clean as possible and improved my amps as pedal platforms. Thanks for your time is really appreciate I know is not the best amp for use like a pedal platforms but if I have the money I would not ask you the question I would buy an other amp loll thanks again!

Don't have a Jubilee, but I've found the JJ ECC803 and the Sovtek 12AX7LPS work well in the PI for a lot of my amps. Could try a 5751, maybe a RI Mullard or Tung Sol, in V1 to tame down the gain a little, if that might help.

What kinds of pedals are you wanting to use with it? I'm guessing a drive or boost up front, but there are lots of different types. Some work better with Marshalls than others, and I'm sure it would impact what the best preamp tubes would be for your situation (as will the guitar & pickup).

ChurchHill":1k27kbx6 said:
Don't have a Jubilee, but I've found the JJ ECC803 and the Sovtek 12AX7LPS work well in the PI for a lot of my amps. Could try a 5751, maybe a RI Mullard or Tung Sol, in V1 to tame down the gain a little, if that might help.

What kinds of pedals are you wanting to use with it? I'm guessing a drive or boost up front, but there are lots of different types. Some work better with Marshalls than others, and I'm sure it would impact what the best preamp tubes would be for your situation (as will the guitar & pickup).

Thank you for your reply! :)

I use several different boost and overdrive pedal and all that I tried works perfectly with my jubilee.

That's when I use high gain distortion pedals on the clean chanel that the whole is disapointing. Really more harshness. I do not think the distortion pedal is directly involved.

On a friend's amp the pedals is awsome.

Back