4x12 Speaker Pair Mis-Match How-to?

I am pretty much wanting to load my 4x12 with a pair of cheap speakers, and a pair of G12K-85 speakers but I am not sure how...

I do know that a "X" wiring is required to match up different pairs of speakers, so would I simply swap out two of the four cheap speakers and install the two G12k-85's?

What about mounting the speakers?

I already have the G12k-85's in a 2x12, but I need more volume from them when I play live or at practice.
The 4x12 already has working speakers in them (they are generic and no tone definition, just volume).

Thanks for the input.

Why bother with the cheap speakers?

You could just install the G12K-85s like a 2x12 cab, leaving the other two speaker spots empty.

What amp are you using? A 212 of those old K85s should be plenty loud enough.

Regardless, if you wanna toss them into the 412, that’s fine as long as they’re all the same impedance (ohms). An X pattern is common as you mentioned. If you much prefer the tone of you 85s, then consider mounting them into the top two positions since they be perceived louder from being closer your ears.

I wouldn’t advise trying only the two 85s in the 412. You _might_ like it, but it’s basically like having a ported cab with two huge ports.

Back