Help with amp channel switching and the Fortin 33

spork141

Hey everyone. New member here.

I was wondering if anyone out there who is more electronics inclined could help me out with the following situation.

I have a Marshall VS100 amp that has 3 channels. Clean, OD1, and OD2, and they are all accessible through the following foootwitch. (All off = Clean, Left on = OD1, Both on = OD2, and Right on / Left off = clean again)

The Footswitch: https://www.amplifiedparts.com/sites/de ... p-h875.png

I have recently purchased a Fortin 33 pedal which is a clean boost that also has a built in channel switching feature (Side jack). This allows the simultaneous switching of the boost and the channel so you only boost the dirty channel and not the clean channel. Its a pretty genius idea and I love the idea of consolidating my pedal board.

The Pedal: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/83CW5F4rSQw/hqdefault.jpg

The main issue is that in this process I will lose one dirty channel. I am OK with this since I mostly use clean or OD2. The issue is with a regular patch cable I lose the wrong channel. I can only switch from clean to OD1, while what I really want is clean to OD2 (because OD 2 has attenuation features that OD 1 does not).

So I did some research and came across this video where some guy figured it out and the answer seems to be in the cable I am using to connect to the footswitch jack. The issue is that the video doesn't really have any voice over (only has pictures of cable schematics) and I'm not versed enough in the realm to decipher it.

Can anyone help me understand where I can find the cables the guy is showing in this video and experiment with it? Just a word of caution, I'm not very savvy on electronics, so you might need to dumb it down to a "try this cable", to a "learn to solder" conclusion. I already know this has to do with how each amp works, and how the pedal and amp utilize the ring and tip of the cable, I just don't know where to buy cables that have these different configurations to experiment and see what works.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Back