Hum on 2010 Marshall Randy Rhoads Tribute Super Lead MKII.

anton1117

Hi.
I've replaced *all* the tubes with new ones. There was 1 bad power/output tube, that was causing the HT fuse to blow. I'm using a known-good speaker cable. Hums even with no guitar plugged in, and hum increases when volume is turned up. It sounds great, otherwise (with a guitar plugged in and playing!)! I've poked around inside the chassis with a wooden stick - looking for a possible bad ground, somewhere - but I'm not sure what my next step is. The hum sounds like when you touch the end of a guitar cable. This amp head appears to be 'barely used' - as everything on it looks pristine! Please advise. Thanks!

anton1117":2ix8ep85 said:
Hi.
I've replaced *all* the tubes with new ones. There was 1 bad power/output tube, that was causing the HT fuse to blow. I'm using a known-good speaker cable. Hums even with no guitar plugged in, and hum increases when volume is turned up. It sounds great, otherwise (with a guitar plugged in and playing!)! I've poked around inside the chassis with a wooden stick - looking for a possible bad ground, somewhere - but I'm not sure what my next step is. The hum sounds like when you touch the end of a guitar cable. This amp head appears to be 'barely used' - as everything on it looks pristine! Please advise. Thanks!

Those newer Marshall tend to take out the hum balance pot when a power tube fails which can cause hum. Take a look at the pot. Measure each side of the filament AC supply to see if each side is about the same.

Back