5150 III 50 Watt Midi Channel Change 10ms Delay??

JConstantineLV

So a few months back I rebuilt my pedal board and picked up this head. Formerly I was using a KSR Ares whch used a standard stereo jack to swap master / channels and turn the loop on and off and I had no issues.

The issue I am having now is with the switching of the EVH 5150 III Head. I am now using MIDI to switch the channels on the head but I am getting a slight delay when stepping on my Looper (Joyo PXL Live) to switch the channels on the amp. The way I have it setup is as follows.

Guitar > Loop Switcher > Amp.

In the loop switcher I have a TC Nova station along with other pedals but since the PXL Live only has a single midi out I am using it to control the Nova Station and the program changes on the Nova station send the signals to the amp to change channels through that "MIDI OUT" port. When I change a patch on my looper the amp seems to have a slight delay (about 10 milliseconds) before it switches. Its not a massive issue, but I would prefer to get it to be 100% seamless.

Anyone else using a 5150 iii and using midi to switch channels? Is this normal?

Never mind, I didn't think to use the "MIDI Thru" and use the second Midi PC Change on the Joyo to control the channel switching. The Nova Station was causing the 10ms Delay due to the way the Midi Out is designed on the Nova...LOL Amazing when you start typing all this up and ask a question how sometimes the solution just comes to you .....

Thanks anyway! Ill leave this here with the solution so if anyone else runs into this issue they can find the solution :)

Back