Push/Pull pot for ESP LTD 600

BIGKAHUNA

I have an ESP LTD Serpent 600 guitar. I need to replace the push/pull pot. I bought a CTS brand pot from our local Sam Ash and the diameter of the shaft is larger than the hole on the guitar. I have looked on line and all the ones I have seen available are the same size as the one I picked up at Sam Ash that doesn't fit. I really don't want to have to modify the guitar - Anyone know where I can buy a replacement push/pull pot that will fit without modification? Thanks for any help.

Guessing you'll need a metric size pot. How big is the hole through which the pot mounts? You should be able to find something to fit somewhere like Mouser or StewMac or Antique Electronic Supply. If I knew the exact size of the existing hole, I could recommend some specific parts.

I know you said that you don't want to modify the guitar, but all you'd really have to do is enlarge the existing hole by about a millimeter or so. I'm guessing that the new pot is better than the one it's replacing, so in my mind, this is closer to an upgrade than a modification. Besides, it's not like you're adding a new hole or something and the original part will still fit. It's really easy to do as long as you have the correct size drill bit.

ChurchHill":4vlo7xu0 said:
Not sure, but these might work... the short shafts only, though. Note the mounting hole diameter in the specs...

https://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Components_and_Parts/Alpha_Push-pull_Pots.html

Not sure what size the hole on the guitar is but the CTS pot shaft diameter is 3/8s and its just slightly too wide to fit. I bet those From Stew Mac fit as they are slightly smaller in diameter. Thanks so much for linking me up. I got EM back from ESP Customer Service last night and they are sending me one in the mail but I'll probably pick up on of those as a back up.

BIGKAHUNA":2nnih8vb said:
I have an ESP LTD Serpent 600 guitar. I need to replace the push/pull pot. I bought a CTS brand pot from our local Sam Ash and the diameter of the shaft is larger than the hole on the guitar. I have looked on line and all the ones I have seen available are the same size as the one I picked up at Sam Ash that doesn't fit. I really don't want to have to modify the guitar - Anyone know where I can buy a replacement push/pull pot that will fit without modification? Thanks for any help.
Just open the hole up very little and fit an American pot in there instead of the metric sized hole,which is 10mm and open it up to fit the 3/8" pot..I have done this to all my LTD's and allows you to have a wide selection of pots from different high quality makers..I have and LTD 600 Yellow Tiger and did this to mine.

Back