ROLL CALL for Hero's (was: Hollingshead alternatives - Saturday Jan 20)

• Thread starter Thread starter Bob Savage
  • Start date Start date
B
Bob Savage
Edit: Please check in if you're going to Hero's on Saturday.

Hero's
100 w Santa Fe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 738-4356

11:00 A.M., be there!!!!

Confirmed

Digital Jams (Scott)
Kage
gainfreak (Ralph)
Keith
Alex (Ralph's singer buddy)
StevieRaveOn
sah5150 (Steve)
Boob
MD (Boob's friend)
tweed (Randy)
Eddie Skideezie (bartfast)
Brian (screamindemon at HC)
Chubtone
Telephant (Shea)
Mr Ten (Hesam)

Well, bad news for Hollingsheads: Ken Sr. isn't completely healed and Ken Jr. says that mom took a little spill too, so no Hollingshead's this year.

Kenny said he's been thinking about us and gave me a couple alternatives. Here's the scoop:

Taps http://www.tapsbrea.com/

Good beer, good food, somewhat expensive. It's in Brea which is about 11 miles from the Convention Center, and is mostly freeway so it should be a fairly fast drive.

Pizza Port http://www.pizzaport.com/

Kenny says this place is reasonable on the pricing, has good food and great beer. The one I'm looking at is in San Clemente which unfortunately is a 34 mile drive. Edit: Kenny says this place does oven baked Chicago style pizza...

Kenny said those are the only two that he'll vouch for. I'll see what I can come up with, but so far, nothing comes to mind. Actually, something does come to mind... I'll talk with Kage and see what he thinks.

Dang... we're breaking tradition.

Well I can't get mad about this since it would be in bad taste and I hope that Kenny Sr recovers soon.

I think something laid back and an atmoshere that would allow us to be silly and not looked at like we had three eyes.

Does not matter to me, just excited to be a part of this :)

Well ok........I would like cold beer.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":0aa21 said:
...I think something laid back and an atmoshere that would allow us to be silly and not looked at like we had three eyes.....

So.... You're not looking to get bent in a Chucky Cheese, eh? :D

I hear ya man, I'm down for whatever, good beer would be really nice, but I'm not renting a car this time so I'm at the mercy of others as far as transportation.

>|<>QBB<
StevieRaveOn":82808 said:
>|<>QBB<

So.... You're not looking to get bent in a Chucky Cheese, eh? :D

I hear ya man, I'm down for whatever, good beer would be really nice, but I'm not renting a car this time so I'm at the mercy of others as far as transportation.

LOL......Yucky Cheese rules!

I plan on participating regardless of location, however those are both fine with me. We could also consider Lucille's Barbeque in Brea too. Great food, tons of beer and alcohol, nice bar area. Might be best to make a reservations, but I'm sure we would be accomodated...

Steve

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":6bf71 said:
>|<>QBB<

LOL......Yucky Cheese rules!

I always thought it was a bit weird with a childrens' entertainment place selling alcohol, but I guess if mom and dad wanna get sideways while the kids play the arcade, there ya go. :D

Well although it sucks to break tradition... Sh*T happens!! That said, I'm more about hanging with my friends then the food anyway!! I'm down for whatever and we will have a car this year, so whatever you guys decide is fine by me!!

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":6f962 said:
I plan on participating regardless of location, however those are both fine with me. We could also consider Lucille's Barbeque in Brea too. Great food, tons of beer and alcohol, nice bar area. Might be best to make a reservations, but I'm sure we would be accomodated...

Steve

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":6f962 said:
Well although it sucks to break tradition... Sh*T happens!! That said, I'm more about hanging with my friends then the food anyway!! I'm down for whatever and we will have a car this year, so whatever you guys decide is fine by me!!

Right on guys, as long as everybody has the same attitude, it will be good no matter what we do.

I'm just having a tough time thinking of somewhere that is as cool, good and laid back as Hollingsheads. Taps would be awesome, but I don't think everybody/anybody is wanting to spend extra cash...

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":493bf said:
>|<>QBB<

Right on guys, as long as everybody has the same attitude, it will be good no matter what we do.

I'm just having a tough time thinking of somewhere that is as cool, good and laid back as Hollingsheads. Taps would be awesome, but I don't think everybody/anybody is wanting to spend extra cash...

what about a bottle of Jack Daniels and the bus stop in front of the korean taco joint?

>|<>QBB<
tweed":0f890 said:
>|<>QBB<

what about a bottle of Jack Daniels and the bus stop in front of the korean taco joint?

Well, you're getting two stories mixed up because the we did our drinking at the bus stop in front of the 7-11 on Katella, although the Korean taco joint IS across the street from there, but it's on Harbor not Katella... in any event, yeah, we could just do that. :D

We could get primed at the hotel then hit the place, dibs that Harry is the one drinking soda.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":b8b36 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hey Brother!! I looked at the Taps menu and it's not really that bad. If anyone is on a budget, they can stick to eating a sandwich.

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":9da51 said:
>|<>QBB<

Hey Brother!! I looked at the Taps menu and it's not really that bad. If anyone is on a budget, they can stick to eating a sandwich.

True, they could pound some food before going if they want to. Taps does look pretty cool. This is only once a year!

>|<>QBB<
tweed":ceb10 said:
Taps is ok by me.

red_stripe_commercial.jpg

Me too.

Ya read my mind Bob!!! I was just about to ask you what the status was.

Im open to anything, even if it means meeting at an In-n-out, I could give a fling if theres alcohol or not. What ever the majority decision or whatever is most convenient for all is more than fine by me...

Kage

>|<>QBB<
STEEL KAGE":8b1eb said:
Ya read my mind Bob!!! I was just about to ask you what the status was.

Im open to anything, even if it means meeting at an In-n-out, I could give a fling if theres alcohol or not. What ever the majority decision or whatever is most convenient for all is more than fine by me...

Kage

Werd....

What's this I hear about a Korean Taco Joint Experience??? :D

O.K., I'm thinking that unless anybody has a better suggestion, we go to Taps.

Back