• Thread starter Thread starter crwnedblasphemy
  • Start date Start date
Devin Townsend - Synchestra

Dream Theater - Score

Kamelot - The Black Halo

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":b3341 said:
>|<>QBB<

Good list here. I agree the guitar riffs on are definitely rehashed on the new tool, but its the rhythmic patterns and Maynards different than usual vocal melodies make that record shine for me.

Thanks for the props. Like I said before, you and me seem to have simular yet open tastes in music. I just posted the more rock ones here as that seems to be what most here are into. I like alot of different music. If you post something is good and I havent it heard it I usually go check it out. Most of the time I dig it.

Yes those two things were very nice on the new Tool album especially the circular rhythms. Just with so much IMHO all around good CDs like I listed above... it got lost in the mix for me.

Have you checked out Open Hand?

>|<>QBB<
evhfan":6add0 said:
RHCP - stadium arcadium

I forgot that one. I don't have it and I've only heard a few songs, but some of it was REALLY good. After hearing what was really on there, I'm a bit confused by the repeated choices of the types of songs made into videos. :?

I hear alot of folks talking about how the new Unearth was dissapointing. I know it's all just a matter of taste and opinion, but, man, I found it highly entertaining! Maybe I'm just a sucker for everything they do. I love Mike Justaine.

>|<>QBB<
bulletthebluesky":f5de6 said:
I hear alot of folks talking about how the new Unearth was dissapointing. I know it's all just a matter of taste and opinion, but, man, I found it highly entertaining! Maybe I'm just a sucker for everything they do. I love Mike Justaine.

I think it is kinda boring too. I do listen to it occasionally.

crwned, i LOVE your avatar! god i miss that band :( Saigon Kick ftw!

>|<>QBB<
soc_monki":61bb4 said:
crwned, i LOVE your avatar! god i miss that band :( Saigon Kick ftw!

I agree bro....I just downloaded their 1st album onto my ipod. I love that album too. "My Life" and "For the Love of God" are awesome tunes. Saigon Kick were very original. They didn't sound cookie cutter at all and wrote some great stuff.

"10. Ishahn- Adversary"

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

I'd vote for:

Guthrie Govan - Erotic Cakes
Devin Townsend - Synchestra
Isis - In the Abscence of Truth
Ishahn - Adversary

I didn't care for the new Arsis as much as Celebration of Guilt, and the new Mastodon was OK. I guess 10,000 days was pretty good too.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":b48e7 said:
This was a pretty good good year for me:

Converge - No Heroes
Genghis Tron - Dead Mountain Mouth
These Arms Are Snakes - Easter
Burst - Origo
Horse The Band - Pizza
Andrew WK - Close Calls With Brick Walls
Thursday - A City By The Light Divided
Alexisonfire - Crisis
Modern Life Is War - My Love, My Way remastered
Mars Volta - Amputechture
An Albatross - Blessphemy (Of the Peace Beast Feastgiver and the Bear Warp Kumite)

There were some pretty big disappointments to me, though, particularly with Sparta, Unearth, and The Blood Brothers.

You were suprised an album by The Blood Brothers sucked??? That band is feckin' awful. I agree about Unearth though. The new album was a bit weaker than the last.

I appreciate their creativity, but that obviously has its limits. They have made a whole lot of different songs that go all over the place and don't sound like anyone else. Burn Piano Island, Burn is a decent CD. Crimes is too, but that was where they started to get WAY, WAY too flamboyant. It's just laughable at some points. The songs also aren't energetic at all. The new one is like JUST the boring parts of Crimes, and also without anything of remote musical interest. If you thought their old stuff was bad, this is just an abomination. That one singer is so freaking retarded sounding now. The problem is that they don't really scream anymore, whereas they used to just go nuts, and the not gay guy hardly sings anymore, so all you get is the one guy flamboyantisizing all over everything. :retard:

Pretty lame year for me :(

Top honor goes to: Celtic Frost - Monotheist
The New Amon Amarth is decent as well

LoG and Slayer REALLY let me down

Back