decided on my next guitar: 27 fret gutierrez juggernaut

• Thread starter Thread starter cobrahead1030
  • Start date Start date
cobrahead1030
cobrahead1030
after the whole fiasco with the broken truss rod guitar off e bay, i decided to just stop buying guitars there...i'd been looking at an esp eclipse, but don't wanna pay the price for a new one

being that not much of anyone offers a guitar i REALLY want on the production line i finally decided to go with something custom, and they offered what i want for a reasonable price...not to mention i owned one before and the quality was top notch

so i'm getting a juggernaut with 27 frets hamer/caparison style 8)

mahogany body
maple neck
rosewood board w/dots
24.75" scale
trans. black satin finish
natural satin finish on the neck/headstock
duncan JB bridge, slanted lil '59 neck
2 volume, 1 tone, 3 way toggle
string thru/tuneomatic bridge system

$1600 i think was the final price on it, can't complain there

it will be a few months, but i can't wait :D

Badass dude! I'm interested in trying a Lil' 59 in the neck...

same here, i like the full sized version a lot...so i'm interested in trying the single coil, i've heard it sounds similar but just a bit thinner sounding which is kinda expected

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":8178b said:
same here, i like the full sized version a lot...so i'm interested in trying the single coil, i've heard it sounds similar but just a bit thinner sounding which is kinda expected

Yeah, it's supposed to be brighter sounding as well.

I really want to hit their booth to check those out to see how they play.

Ugh....24.75 and 27 frets does not sound too tempting to me, I have enough issues with 25.5 and 24, I needs more space between the wire :)

Hey Cobra,
Have you ever seen the Kiko ESP sig? 27 frets, Duncan pickups (i think? cant remeber), Mahog. Body, Flame Top. It's a badass looking guitar for the price. Just thowing out some alternatives for you. That Juggernaugt sounds badass too! Hope you find what your looking for.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":2a313 said:
Hey Cobra,
Have you ever seen the Kiko ESP sig? 27 frets, Duncan pickups (i think? cant remeber), Mahog. Body, Flame Top. It's a badass looking guitar for the price. Just thowing out some alternatives for you. That Juggernaugt sounds badass too! Hope you find what your looking for.

Edwards makes a version of that model as well.

Yeah they do, forgot to mention that. You got any idea on the price on one of those? I need a super strat soon, and I'm just looking around.

>|<>QBB<
CaseyCor":34c85 said:
Yeah they do, forgot to mention that. You got any idea on the price on one of those? I need a super strat soon, and I'm just looking around.

E-CY-130DR_AQB.jpg

It's listed as 136,500 Yen, which is about $1150.

Thats not the Kiko, but badass non-the-less. That looks to be an MV.

e-kl-160se.jpg

Thats the Edwards model of the Kiko. The ESP Model looks 100000x better, but that one is quite sweet. I wish they'd bring it over here, too bad ESP USA sucks balls. Oh well, at least were getting a Spalted EX, even if it is an ugly shape, and White Eclipses (FUCKING FINALLY!).

those edwards look pretty badass, but it seems like i checked them out before and they were 25.5" scale...i'm not a big floyd guy either

i've got an ltd mv300 which is pretty close to the specs of the juggernaut i'm getting...but it's only a 24 fretter, and the neck isn't nearly as nice as the other gutierrez i owned

i love the look of the kiko sig, especially the black one like this...but those aren't even available here, and would cost $4000-5000 USD to import; nearly 3X what i'm paying for the gutierrez

kiko_loureiro_bk.jpg

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":eea5f said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah, it's supposed to be brighter sounding as well.

It is a bit brigher and thinner, but I LOVE how this thing sounds in the neck of my Schecter 006 Elite. I have it set up with a spin-a-split, and about halfway between the full humbucker and full singer-coil, it has a very acoustic-like quality, especially when mixed with the bridge pickup.

$4000 is way out of control for a guitar :o Jackson are going to put themselves out of business as it is with the revamp of the CS and USA lines price wise.

yeah scott...it's a shame too, because ESP and Jackson make some of the best guitars around

maybe they're both trying to push their imports more, because they target a larger market? i mean they do put out some nice low end models (especially esp with their ltd's) but their real deal models are excellent

but yeah...for those prices they've got going on now, i think a lot of small to medium custom guitar shops are gonna see new customers

>|<>QBB<
ZielGuitarist":c8fd3 said:
>|<>QBB<

It is a bit brigher and thinner, but I LOVE how this thing sounds in the neck of my Schecter 006 Elite. I have it set up with a spin-a-split, and about halfway between the full humbucker and full singer-coil, it has a very acoustic-like quality, especially when mixed with the bridge pickup.

that's about what i'm expecting...something that will be good for nice chimey cleans, and atleast decent for lead tones that are kinda smooth but still have some bite

i'd never heard of Kiko Loureiro before, but this sone on his site sounds badass...reminds me of paul gilbert and john petrucci

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":70136 said:
yeah scott...it's a shame too, because ESP and Jackson make some of the best guitars around

maybe they're both trying to push their imports more, because they target a larger market? i mean they do put out some nice low end models (especially esp with their ltd's) but their real deal models are excellent

but yeah...for those prices they've got going on now, i think a lot of small to medium custom guitar shops are gonna see new customers

I got some info from someone I trust and I believe that Jackson is going to use the Gibson pricing method...dorks will pay for a name and yeah that sucks. I love Jackson / Charvel but I will not be gouged either just to have them.

I would love to have a Lynch Camo but not at $2300 :cry:

Back