decided on my next guitar: 27 fret gutierrez juggernaut

• Thread starter Thread starter cobrahead1030
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":10238 said:
>|<>QBB<

that's about what i'm expecting...something that will be good for nice chimey cleans, and atleast decent for lead tones that are kinda smooth but still have some bite

It does have a nice smooth tone to it, with enough bite to stand out, definately. I actually find myself using that pickup for ALL my lead/rhythm work on that guitar. I rarely use the bridge on that guitar any more, unless it is with the lil 59.

thanks for the info man...i've got a full sized 59 in a guitar now that i really like, it's very fat sounding and smooth with some bite if i dig in with my picking

i like it a lot, but want something different to have as well...the smaller counterpart sounds exactly like what i'm looking for

is 24.75" scale going to be nice with 27 frets? Ive never played one like that so I wouldnt know, but around the 24th fret on my old ibanez was almost too close together and it was 25.5" scale.

What scale are the Caparison Horus'?

the horus is a 24.75

the frets are kinda close up there, but honestly i don't play up that high a whole lot...and if the fret access is good then i can get around fine in the upper register

it's lead stuff, and chords in the lower part of the neck that are why i prefer the shorter scale

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":b9e79 said:
the horus is a 24.75

the frets are kinda close up there, but honestly i don't play up that high a whole lot...and if the fret access is good then i can get around fine in the upper register

it's lead stuff, and chords in the lower part of the neck that are why i prefer the shorter scale

Then why get 27 fret?

i like the look, and i should i decide to noodle up higher than 24...it's there

do you use all 27? :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
ihave27frets":7343b said:
>|<>QBB<

Then why get 27 fret?

Not busting balls Pete but why are you asking him this question? You speak to many here that own or have owned the Horus that have no reason to own a 27 fret shred guitar. Not being mean but just stating a fact.

btw, i'm gonna have a finish kinda like this

buddhasguitar001.jpg

and this headstock, but maple and reversed

geoffhaswell_sBMF004-1.jpg

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":74f68 said:
i like the look, and i should i decide to noodle up higher than 24...it's there

do you use all 27? :mrgreen:

The Horus stuff I played once I got past the 23rd fret things got real congested for me at least, of course I am not near the level of some of the others here.

27 + 24.75 for me anyways is not a good match unless you are Shane Lane or Paul Gilbert :D

most guitars are kinda hard to get around on past 22 or so for me

most of the neck thru superstrats i've played (esp, ibanez, carvin, the old gutierrez i had) have been exceptions tho

i'm gonna have to learn to sweep pick a high G when i get the guitar, so i can justify that 27th fret

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":3b57f said:
the horus is a 24.75

I must admit, ever since i bought my Les Paul i have been enjoying 24.75 guitars alot! I find that it suits my hands real well, especially on the lower register on the neck. I can do huge stretches and still find it piss easy to shred around the upper frets.

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":b9d2e said:
>|<>QBB<

I must admit, ever since i bought my Les Paul i have been enjoying 24.75 guitars alot! I find that it suits my hands real well, especially on the lower register on the neck. I can do huge stretches and still find it piss easy to shred around the upper frets.

Show off :x

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":86e23 said:
>|<>QBB<

Show off :x

LOL! :D

Joking aside, iv been suffering a bit with tendonitus pains over the last year.. and im definitly feeling less pain and aches from using my LP (24.75) as opposed to my Charvel Soloist which is 25.5!

I need to get myself a nice 24.75 shredder with: mahog body + maple top, mahog neck/ebony board, OFR and Hum/Hum pups. I think that would satisfy my shredder gas for good 8)

>|<>QBB<
cobrahead1030":8646c said:
most guitars are kinda hard to get around on past 22 or so for me

most of the neck thru superstrats i've played (esp, ibanez, carvin, the old gutierrez i had) have been exceptions tho

i'm gonna have to learn to sweep pick a high G when i get the guitar, so i can justify that 27th fret

Don't have to justify anything to me, I just thought it was weird for Pete to ask you why 27 frets. I can hit notes way up there but you are going to not see any serious playing :D

I find Ibanez frets easier to play than Jackson frets way up on the neck plus my SL-1 has lower output pups so I have to nail each note...which I hardly do :cry:

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":636e9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Joking aside, iv been suffering a bit with tendonitus pains over the last year.. and im definitly feeling less pain and aches from using my LP (24.75) as opposed to my Charvel Soloist which is 25.5!

I need to get myself a nice 24.75 shredder with: mahog body + maple top, mahog neck/ebony board, OFR and Hum/Hum pups. I think that would satisfy my shredder gas for good 8)

Kramer Nightswan!!!

Mahagony
ebony board
Smells of metal :D

that kramer sounds sweet

i just may have to one day

f9018.jpg

i'm a randy rhoads fanboy...so i could live with the dots 8)

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":9d651 said:
>|<>QBB<

Keep the blue sparkle one if pocka dots are too manly for you :lol: :D

I want that SL2HMAH bad and may put my SL-1 up to fund one!

To be honest, i really do love the look of the SL2HMAH... but for less $ than that i bet Lee at GMW could make an absolutely insane guitar with all the same spec...

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":a8b47 said:
>|<>QBB<

Don't have to justify anything to me, I just thought it was weird for Pete to ask you why 27 frets. I can hit notes way up there but you are going to not see any serious playing :D

I find Ibanez frets easier to play than Jackson frets way up on the neck plus my SL-1 has lower output pups so I have to nail each note...which I hardly do :cry:

more than anything, i meant to justify the $100 upcharge of having the fretboard extended

>|<>QBB<
MrDan666":a8b47 said:
>|<>QBB<

short scale shred guitars aren't very popular it would seem

the LTD mv300 is nice with mahogany body & maple neck, but it comes in H-S and no floyd (see mine below)

there's also the jackson fusion

and the caparison horus, but those are pricey (i happen to like them, they just arne't cheap)

mvv2.jpg

Back