Got to play my new Blackmore - Review & Pics !

• Thread starter Thread starter savo
  • Start date Start date
S
savo
Got home last night and got to spend about an hour with the Blackmore.

I first dialled in settings i copied from Megadeth4324's South of Heaven clip. Hit the first chord and - bang - i had a big smile on my face. It is EXACTLY what i have been looking for.

My DSL can NAIL stuff like Iron Maiden, RATM, AC/DC etc. so i wanted something, huge sounding for more modern and heavier stuff. This thing does a really good Metallica impression and WAY heavier. Between the 2 of them i think i have most sounds covered. The Blackmore is also darker than the Marshall (which is what i wanted) without being too dark. I tend to like amps a little on the brighter side. It also has a huge low end

Its actually a lot thicker than i thought it would be. Its also got a nice blend of sounding modern but also maintaining a bit of a classic feel.

Its VERY versatile too. Can be set up to sound like just about anything. I think the Z5 is a must though to be able to access all the tonal options available to it.

Channel 1 - Clean - Its actually really nice. Can be made to sound chimey or else have a little bit of an edge to it. Very nice, especially for a high gain head.

Channel 2 -Crunch - Can do stuff like AC/DC etc, well and can do more raunchy, bluesy stuff with the gain down low. I think the Marshall is a good bit better in this area though

Channel 3 - Low Gain - This is actually fairly high gain too. I didnt mess with it enough last night, but i think with the gain up fairly high, this could possibly be the channel i use most. Its a little bit brighter than channel 4 too which is good. Its gives different tonal options

Channel 4 - Hi Gain - TONS of Gain. VERY thick. Its also a very forgiving channel. Especially compared to the Marshall. Every mistake stands out with the Marshall but this seems to let you away with a lot more.

All in all, im VERY happy with it. Definatly seems like a keeper 8)

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

Thanks for the review and pix's
im hopeing you will get a mic stand before you send in some clips :)
that way NO FLAW"S = OUTSTANDAING TONE :)

:mrgreen:

Thats my highly sophisticaed, top secret method of recording :mrgreen:

Yeah, a mic stand is next on my list. I dont record too many clips though but i hear the Blackmore records very well so i will have to check that out - hopefully at the weekend

Awesome man, glad you're liking it! I really need to get another one!

Yeah im loving it. Which is strange because usually it takes a bit of time for me to get used to an amp before it really grows on me. I really liked this from the first second i played it though. I had it built up so much i thought i could only be disappointed but i was really impressed.

Cant wait to go home again after work and mess with it some more

>|<>QBB<
savo":fef24 said:
Yeah im loving it. Which is strange because usually it takes a bit of time for me to get used to an amp before it really grows on me. I really liked this from the first second i played it though. I had it built up so much i thought i could only be disappointed but i was really impressed.

Cant wait to go home again after work and mess with it some more

That's how I felt when I got my Blackmore. I plugged in and had a tone I liked with in minutes! I really like the simplicity. The shared tone controls work really well.

:)

>|<>QBB<
tnourse":05524 said:
>|<>QBB<

That's how I felt when I got my Blackmore. I plugged in and had a tone I liked with in minutes! I really like the simplicity. The shared tone controls work really well.

:)

+1

It took me all of 10 seconds to dial in a killer tone on that amp. It sounds so good because of the simple design IMO.

Yeah thats what i like about the 2 amps i have right now. You can't really go wrong dialling them in. I hate sitting in front of an amp for ages getting frustrated trying to get a good sound. I wanna just plug in and play.

>|<>QBB<
savo":c13fa said:
Yeah thats what i like about the 2 amps i have right now. You can't really go wrong dialling them in. I hate sitting in front of an amp for ages getting frustrated trying to get a good sound. I wanna just plug in and play.

I totally agree.

Back