Digital Jams.....

• Thread starter Thread starter tweed
  • Start date Start date
tweed
tweed
Computer freezing up, making me so angry Im about ready to throw the thing out the window.

found this, not a great machine but not bad for 699 and it has 2 gigs of ram

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8007453&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050068&id=1155848825300

this one is duo core, graphics suck and it doesn't say if board has pci express or not, still not bad for basic box

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8042478&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat103700050068&id=1157068455618

I am still dumpster diving myself :x

Those have shared memory boards or on board graphics cards, I hate those.

Do you want a major brand for the support?

www.gotapex.com

Lots of on-line coupons and they have the Dell 9200 with 20" LCD for under $700 but 512 of ram which in this day is pretty dumb. Just keep tweeking the orders, I am not a huge fan of the Nvidea 7300 vid card but if you are not a gamer it would work.

If you go AMD make sure it supports SESS because lots of drum programs use it.

I think I may have a raised cap on my current mobo and/or graphics card. Gonna take it apart today and check with magnifier. :x :x :x

Good freaking luck!!!

Man I have to get a machine soon, I have all this crap waiting to be loaded :cry:

First%20Aid%20Kit.jpg

170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg

You may be cheaper than I am and that is saying alot!!!!! :D

I think Gateways are pretty decent. We've had two and there have never been any problems. Best Buy often has a model on sale that's pretty good.

This week, they have a Core 2 Duo equipped one with a 17" LCD and printer for I believe $750. I don't know how much difference that would really make, though. Vista may need or make use of more RAM, so the other one you are looking at could very well be a better bet in the long run. Then again, you may not need it, and getting a faster processor might be a better investment, since you can just add more RAM later for cheap if it becomes necessary. Just depends on how you want to look at it.

We have a very similar one that is X2 3800+ 2GB RAM, and I don't see anything wrong with it.

If you want a graphics card, I'd just build it myself, though. You could do the whole thing for about the same price.

They've gotten pretty cheap, though, and you can get a 7600GT for right over $100, and DirectX10 may have us all buying new cards soon, so it might be better to not worry about it for the moment or just grab a cheap one with the Gateway.

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":b847f said:
If you want a graphics card, I'd just build it myself, though. You could do the whole thing for about the same price.

They've gotten pretty cheap, though, and you can get a 7600GT for right over $100, and DirectX10 may have us all buying new cards soon, so it might be better to not worry about it for the moment or just grab a cheap one with the Gateway.

I have been trying to put together a list and it is not coming out cheaper than building one from this site.......

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/Default.asp

I have been using newegg and it always comes out more expensive plus the amount of MBs you have to sift through is sick :?

Sometimes Cyber Power is about the same price. This computer I am using now is from them. If anyone gets a computer from them, get a better power supply if you buy a cheap case. Mine blew twice lol. They were really good about replacing it, though, and they gave me a totally different one after the first one kept exploding for whatever reason. I'm guessing there was just a bad run of them.

One of those Gateways plus a graphics card upgrade might be an even better deal, though, considering you can basically get the monitor free, and also a printer for the hell of it.

i need a new home pc so bad it's ridiculous

i'm running a 1.2 gig processor with 128 mb RAM

Oh my. Are you running XP on that? There's nothing particularly wrong with the processor, but I'd imagine that RAM would be eaten alive.

Back