Peters Dual Channel Head For Sale...

• Thread starter Thread starter The Big Snit
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":e62c0 said:
>|<>QBB<Yup...I'm not into the higher gain anymore...and it is nice if you want a different tone/feel to just get another pedal rather than buy a whole new amp.
A nice clean channel turns my crank now. ;)

Steve needs to try the Halo channel boosted with pedals. :cheer:
It's a great clean channel on it's own...but it takes pedals really well too.

I am going to boost the hell out of it...
We will see if the Peters can withstand the HOM pedal fest...: :lol: :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":dd9dd said:
>|<>QBB<Yup...I'm not into the higher gain anymore...and it is nice if you want a different tone/feel to just get another pedal rather than buy a whole new amp.
A nice clean channel turns my crank now. ;)

Steve needs to try the Halo channel boosted with pedals. :cheer:
It's a great clean channel on it's own...but it takes pedals really well too.

I have always had the idea that a player should have both setups (a good high gain amp and a pedal setup) should he or she have the cash to do so. I think having both allows you so many tonal options and knowing how to get a great tone out of pedals works amazingly well in a clutch and takes the paranoia out of playing on house equipment! now if I could just figure out what pedals work for me id be set!!

>|<>QBB<
Gainfreak":0467e said:
>|<>QBB<

I have always had the idea that a player should have both setups (a good high gain amp and a pedal setup) should he or she have the cash to do so. I think having both allows you so many tonal options and knowing how to get a great tone out of pedals works amazingly well in a clutch and takes the paranoia out of playing on house equipment! now if I could just figure out what pedals work for me id be set!!
That makes sense!

I'm still tracking down a few more 'right for me' pedals...I'm doing very well so far. I'm really liking what I've got.
Need to try out a few more boosts...and I'm probably gonna go with the Budda wah.

I hope you like it, Steve. For most rock/metal the Gryphon is a great design, so don't worry about it not being the Chimera. And if you have a bunch of pedals and don't mind using them, it's hard to recommend the Chimera since with the right pedal the Gryphon can be pretty darned aggressive.

I'm more into the Halo/Polaris designs now too. I have one OD pedal, the Boss OD-3, which I'm modifying to remove the splatter. Other than that it's a great sounding pedal.

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":e3766 said:
I hope you like it, Steve. For most rock/metal the Gryphon is a great design, so don't worry about it not being the Chimera. And if you have a bunch of pedals and don't mind using them, it's hard to recommend the Chimera since with the right pedal the Gryphon can be pretty darned aggressive.

I'm more into the Halo/Polaris designs now too. I have one OD pedal, the Boss OD-3, which I'm modifying to remove the splatter. Other than that it's a great sounding pedal.

I finally found the one I wanted...and the clips Adam posted sealed the deal....
Now, hopefully I will be able to do justice to the amp like he does....
I psyched to get it....
I'll post a full review once I sit down with it for a while...
Steve

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":d0c78 said:
>|<>QBB<Oh man....James! :o

You should have seen what your old 565 went through :x \M/ :D Funny how one's guitar can teach another about their tone, I don't have your fingers and chops but the guitar does kind of sound like you :?

Much gear enters the HOM.......none come out :o

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":c4be7 said:
>|<>QBB<

You should have seen what your old 565 went through :x \M/ :D Funny how one's guitar can teach another about their tone, I don't have your fingers and chops but the guitar does kind of sound like you :?

Yeah...I can't remember what happened to the Kramer Grease Quilt????
Didn't Ivan get it... :D

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":e2ae6 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yeah...I can't remember what happened to the Kramer Grease Quilt????
Didn't Ivan get it... :D

LOL......Grease quilt :lol:

For $125 that guitar played awesome!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":7a5fd said:
>|<>QBB<

The guitar sounds like me! That's weird! :lol: :? :o

Post some clips...that guitar likes to make clips! :x

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":a1dba said:
>|<>QBB<The guitar sounds like me! That's weird! :lol: :? :o

Post some clips...that guitar likes to make clips! :x

I am telling you, it does!

No computer yet, that is the first project right after NAMM and I will be posting clips. I have to finally sort out recording and BFD :cry:

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":18cf0 said:
>|<>QBB<

I finally found the one I wanted...and the clips Adam posted sealed the deal....
Now, hopefully I will be able to do justice to the amp like he does....
I psyched to get it....
I'll post a full review once I sit down with it for a while...
Steve
Congrats! I hope you love it!

Just the clean Halo channel was worth the price of that amp IMO...it just happens to have an excellent dirty channel as well. :D

On the Halo channel try cranking the preamp full and set the boost to the 3rd or 4th setting...it's the way I wished my old Super Lead sounded...put a pedal in front of that and 8) it sounds great with the master down low too...I sold my Hotplate because I didn't need it with that amp.

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":2c5df said:
Sold to Steve for now...pending his sale. ;)
Doh! This amp has been on my short list for a while now. Those are the two channels/preamps I'm interested in the most. The clips you posted last month just made it more interesting. I'm going to have to stop sleeping in the afternoons.

Aw you bastard! I just pulled the trigger on an Aiken or I would be all over this. I cant justify pulling the funds right now until I sell a couple more things. ARGH!!

Oh it sold already. Thanks Steve! Otherwise my brain would have exploded.:)

That's ok, folks. The new amps have lower price tags and are available as single channel models too. So, amps for everyone. :)

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":906c2 said:
Practice what you preach Mr. misspelled moniker. :P
I'm not talking about the caps...but rather about the degenAro, not degenEro!

Back