Spam: 2006 Splawn Quickrod

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
SteveVHT
SteveVHT
Selling this baby only to get another amp. I hate to sell it, but since I just had $12K in tools stolen from me, I have to liquidate to avoid divorce.
The amp is set up with a brand new quad of KT77's. I can send it with either the stock Mullard EL34's or the KT77's...Your choice. I will bias the amp either way....
Email me at
SteveVHT@aol.com
SOLD to Marshall Freak

The amp is dead mint as pictured with foot controller.
To me, it's the best Marshall Marshall never built....and I will get another in the very near future.
This is a GAS induced sale...
Steve
Splawn+QR.jpg

LMAO!!!!

I have seen the amp and yes it is in very nice condition, Steve only looks at his stuff anyways due to the shear amount of crap he has :lol:

Damn...I could've traded with Steve for my Peters, but I'm not needing another amp right now...this is one I've always wanted to try though...it's tempting.

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":6935f said:
Steve, does it have the updated clean channel?

No it doesn't. It's the original clean channel which sounds like a Plexi clean ala Hendrix etc...
Steve

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the KT77s vs El34s?

>|<>QBB<
jem7vwh":96cde said:
If you don't mind me asking, what do you think of the KT77s vs El34s?

I personally love them, but I'm also a KT88 nut...
They tame down the top end and midrange typical of EL34 amps ala Marshall tones.. They really tighten up the bass response incredibly. But even at super low gain settings they retain that fullness.
I love this amp and love it even more with the 77's. Most people who have bought a QR changed to 77's and love them. Even Scott is offering them on his new amps because everyone is raving about them.
I an re-tubing all my EL34 amps with 77's...
Steve

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":73fa5 said:
>|<>QBB<

I personally love them, but I'm also a KT88 nut...
They tame down the top end and midrange typical of EL34 amps ala Marshall tones.. They really tighten up the bass response incredibly. But even at super low gain settings they retain that fullness.
I love this amp and love it even more with the 77's. Most people who have bought a QR changed to 77's and love them. Even Scott is offering them on his new amps because everyone is raving about them.
I an re-tubing all my EL34 amps with 77's...
Steve
Interesting... did you have to bias at all when you popped in the 77s?

I think there is a sale pending at the moment....
I will announce it as soon as it's solid....

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":6c21d said:
>|<>QBB<

I literally had to tap the bias adjustment. They were abou .02 ma off...:D
Oh, so does that mean I could get away without adjusting it at all? I've never done any biasing before. :-o

>|<>QBB<
jem7vwh":cb896 said:
>|<>QBB<
Oh, so does that mean I could get away without adjusting it at all? I've never done any biasing before. :-o
No...Steve got lucky there. Have it biased if you change tubes to be safe. Running too cold will wear the tubes out quicker (cathode stripping) and running too hot can do alot of damage.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I've been wanting to play a Splawn for a LONG time now...

Thanks Steve! :bang:

That was quick!
Deals are going down today..I just had a guy come by and buy another guitar off me today...I'm cleaning house, everything must go! :D

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":b8390 said:
That was quick!
Deals are going down today..I just had a guy come by and buy another guitar off me today...I'm cleaning house, everything must go! :D

DIBS ON THE FREAKING RG550!!!!!!

If you let that 565 go with how well it sounds and plays that 550 has to be awesome!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":e7556 said:
>|<>QBB<

DIBS ON THE FREAKING RG550!!!!!!

If you let that 565 go with how well it sounds and plays that 550 has to be awesome!
Oh it is...that isn't going anywhere...bury me with that baby...I love that guitar.
I hope the reissues are as good.

Hey Charlie....You will love that sonobitch....Even the CC will sound god through it!

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":56e5a said:
Hey Charlie....You will love that sonobitch....Even the CC will sound god through it!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying this beast out. :bang:

Back