OT: Can You Drive A Manual Transmission?

• Thread starter Thread starter Code001
  • Start date Start date
STARTED DRIVING A STICK IN 1966 VW 4 SPEED AND HAVE OWNED ALITTLE BIT OF BOTH TYPES SINCE. MY COMPANY CAR IS AN AUTO FORD TAURUS (WAKE ME WHEN I GET TO WORK) BUT MY PERSONAL CAR IS A SUBARU WRX 5 SPEED TURBO. LET THE DRIFTING BEGIN.

Yes, I learned on a manual. All men should know how to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission.

I drive a 2002 jeep wrangler with four angry squirrels under the hood, its a manual of course. I learned to drive a stick at age 14 on my dads wrangler.

I actaully just got my jeep back with a new engine installed, its like havinig a new car all over again.

I'm 25 years old BTW.

If you want. You don't have to. What I do know, is that there ARE people on this forum who don't know how to drive a manual. They're just not replying to this thread. I guess I should have figured that would happen.

been driving a manual sence i was 15, im 18 now, only 2 months till me Bday thow :D.

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":6d64e said:
I'm 33, and I've been driving a manual Transmission since I was 10. I learned to drive at 10 (Farm boy) in a '75 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4. Right now my main vehicle is a Ford F250 that has an automatic, but my car which I'm in the process of rebuilding is a very modified '86 Mustang GT with a Manual. For the most part, I prefer Manual, but there are times when an automatic is damn nice.

My older brother is in the middle of modding out his '86 GT! Four eyed pride baby!!! :D :wink:

>|<>QBB<
Code001":e5996 said:
Just out of curiosity...

Can you drive a manual transmission?
Is your daily driver a manual or automatic?
Do you prefer a manual or automatic?

I found out quite a few American teens cannot drive a manual, yet almost all Europeans can. For me, I can drive one (my daily driver is a manual so I drive a manual about every day), but I prefer automatics for daily driving and drag racing. I prefer manuals for road racing and auto-crossing.

Oh, if you can, state your age too. If you don't wanna reveal that, it's fine.

Can you drive a manual transmission? Yes
Is your daily driver a manual or automatic? Manual
Do you prefer a manual or automatic? Manual
Age? 46

Steve

I can, but I prefer an automatic these days. it makes air guitar easier :rock:

About 3 years ago I learned to drive a manual, due to picking up a Ford Bronco II for my dad. I drove it to work for a few months.

I like manuals, although I wouldn't want to drive one all the time. So for me its automatic....

Late 20's

i know the basic theory behind it, but i've only tried it once and i left huge skidmarks all over the parking lot. amusingly, the car i tried it in was my family's 1992 Toyota Previa (minivan), which has since been replaced (after being totaled in an accident). i can't imagine that it helped matters that i'd done pretty much all my other driving up to that point in a Mazda Protege with an automatic transmission.

I'm 42 and I drive a 1 ton Ford van with an automatic. I can drive both, but almost all of my cars have been auto. I used to drag race with an automatic and all my hot rods have been autos. My dad owned a Model A Ford that you had to double clutch, that was a trip to drive to high school! I fixed cars for 20 years so I beat the piss out of my share of sticks. :o
Jerry

It takes more balls to admit you cannot drive one, than bragging about how you can drive one....

>|<>QBB<
Code001":d49ba said:
It takes more balls to admit you cannot drive one, than bragging about how you can drive one....

Fine, don't take my word for it. How 'bout Uncle Sam's?

2333xd8.jpg

Back