dimarzio super 3

• Thread starter Thread starter mchn13
  • Start date Start date
mchn13
mchn13
sorry; posted this on the guitar forum a couple of days ago, but no posts. so...........has anyone tried one of these in a les paul? or any guitars for that matter? i love the evo i have in it, but i like the eq it shows on the super 3, on their website. its pretty close to what i eq my amp; bass:5, mids:8, treb:5........
and the output is close to the evo as well, just wondering.

i like the evo i have, but the eq looks good to me on the dimarzio web site. i play mostly metal, but love more classic rock as well, and the evo seems like its a little mushy, especially on the more classic, and eighties rock. i like the evo, but want more midrange bite.

I used a Super3 in a Les Paul Gothic and use one in my Charvel. Very strong midrange, very good pickup for lead playing. Rhythm wise I'd say it does rock, classic rock and classic metal well.

thanks, i use emg's in my other guits, but my paul hates the emgs. i love the evo for metal. its real slinky sounding. but it just seems a little soft..........

VERY OLD topic bump, but i'm throwing around the idea of getting this pickup too. basically i just need to know if it kicks ass for tight metal rhythm. i love the looks of the eq chart as well.

i have it in the bridge of a koa bodied Charvel SD. it was stock in there and i never had the urge to change anything (if that answers your question).

I use (used) a Super 3 in a few RG550-ish guitars (basswood). It's the only 6 string bridge pup I'd even consider using. Very good for chords and even better for solos. Very thick and great attack.

depends on the guitar. if you have a floyd, and the nut width is 43mm or more, it is suggested you use f spaced in the neck.

Hmm, because the distance from string to string on my bridge is 2.02' or something and my neck is like 1.94".. So I thought you should use regular spacing for neck? Maybe I'm wrong

>|<>QBB<
vultures":80cba said:
Hmm, because the distance from string to string on my bridge is 2.02' or something and my neck is like 1.94".. So I thought you should use regular spacing for neck? Maybe I'm wrong

from dimarzio.com...

What is F-spacing?

All of our full-size humbuckers except the X2N® are available in two polepiece spacings. F-spacing refers to the wider of the two spacings. For proper string alignment and balanced output, F-spaced humbuckers should be used in the bridge position on all guitars with string spacing at the bridge of 2.1" (53 mm) or greater. On these guitars, if the nut width is 1-11/16â€

Back