If you were to own one firearm...

• Thread starter Thread starter kannibul
  • Start date Start date
For a mere $659.00 plus extra 32 & 40 rd mags you need to get your women one of these. And maybe a red dot scope to top it off too for low light fast & accurate shooting.

Attachments

• DSCF1672.JPG
    DSCF1672.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,280
Yeah, but when I flip the lid on a nuclear warhead's arming switch, that will really make them run for the hills.

Don't bring a gun to a nuke fight.

>|<>QBB<
JamesPeters":48687 said:
Yeah, but when I flip the lid on a nuclear warhead's arming switch, that will really make them run for the hills.

Don't bring a gun to a nuke fight.
Now you're thinking like an American!

Yeah but then you gotta buy a radiation suit, bomb shelter, and enof food to last you until the first half life of the rads wear off. Starts to get really pricey really fast, just ask Iran.

Plus the UZI is more metal, hell even Pat Nugent had a UZI guitar.

>|<>QBB<
BOOGIE444":de33b said:
Plus the UZI is more metal, hell even Pat Nugent had a UZI guitar.

Sorry, nothing capable of doing full-auto in my house :)

870 or glock 19

I used to own an Uzi and I still own an AK. Not exactly guns I'd use for "hostage situations." Then again, exactly how many robbers/home invaders take people hostage? A whopping, what, 2%? BTW, finger on the trigger = big no-no.

kannibul, you can argue schemantics all you want. A shotgun will have a much greater chance of hitting a target than a pistol or rifle. A shotgun will have a greater chance of preventing ammunition from exiting walls. A shotgun is one of the scariest weapons robbers face. A shotgun is simply perfect for homeland security. Take her to the range. Show her how to use it. You need to have her use it at least a couple times a year. A gun is useless if the person isn't trained in using it.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":22236 said:
>|<>QBB<

if I were to chamber a round, the next thing they would hear is it being fired - they wouldn't have a chance for the shit to exit...

in close combat, which would be easier to take from the shooter?

I'm a very light sleeper. I hear everything in my house. I'd still take my Super Black Eagle II any day of the week. It's semi-automatic and will get the job done, regardless of the vicinity in or around my home.

I'm geared up too waiting for those rag heads to unlease.

sbe2Walnut12Ga.jpg

Yeah but with a carbine you are prepared for any threat, shotgun is more limited.

Code-001 what kind of UZI did you used to have? I love mine I am thinking about getting a .45acp or a 10mm kit for it. I also have a fake 2-stage can for it that looks cool, and my wicked GAT trigger for it. With the GAT ( gattling crank trigger ) I got my UZI up to 850 rds per minute, pure pumkin blasting goodness. :)

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":794c7 said:
>|<>QBB<

Sorry, nothing capable of doing full-auto in my house :)

870 or glock 19

If you're wanting something that your wife can use, neither of those are a bad choice. We can all argue which is "better" but neither is "bad".

If you get the shot gun you might consider the 20 guage. My wife has shot deer with her 260 Rem, she's shot my glock 19 (which I got for her to use) and my glock 22, as well as several of my other guns. She doesn't like my 12 guages though, because of the kick.

In a defense scenario you/she won't feel the kick, but she'll need to shoot it before hand (hopefully you'll be able to get her to go with you a few times a year and practice with it) and if she's scared of the kick, it won't be much good to her in a defense situation. Much like deer hunting, a 243 is a much better deer gun than a 30-06, if the person shooting the gun is scared of the recoil of the 30-06. Getting used to a gun kicking is something that must gun nuts will work on getting used to, but if your wife is already leary of a gun like you've mentioned, she won't take the effort to get used to it.

All I'm saying is that you can have the undisputed best self defense gun in the world, but if your wife is scared of shooting it, it won't do her any good, you really need to pick a gun she'll be comfortable with.

>|<>QBB<
BOOGIE444":edf46 said:
Yeah but with a carbine you are prepared for any threat, shotgun is more limited.

Code-001 what kind of UZI did you used to have? I love mine I am thinking about getting a .45acp or a 10mm kit for it. I also have a fake 2-stage can for it that looks cool, and my wicked GAT trigger for it. With the GAT ( gattling crank trigger ) I got my UZI up to 850 rds per minute, pure pumkin blasting goodness. :)

Old IMI Uzi Model A in 9mm. My dad sold it for like $250. :roll:

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":3a10b said:
>|<>QBB<

the spread probably is not going to be that much...

granted a 4" spread at target is better than a 9mm hole...just I'm concerned that she'll hesitate to fire a 12ga, where if it was a 9mm pistol, she'd have an easier time with it.

also, she's very pacifist - enough where I think she'd be in trouble if shit were to happen. maybe this thread should more about how to make her less of a potential victim.

My wife started out on handguns...

She was weary of the "kick" from a shotgun or rifle.

So, back to your original question, The handgun would have still been the best choice for my wife. My wife learned to shoot with a .38 revolver, a fairly small gun that was lightweight, fit her hand, and most importantly, had her pulling the trigger without hesitation.

My updated advice: Take her to the range!!!

Put some firearms in her hands and let her go nuts. No matter if its a .22 auto, a 12 gauge, an AR-15 or a goddamn M1A1 tank, a gun and an inexperienced shooter will be your worst option for home defense 8)

My preferences, in order:

1. A clear head and a plan.

2. A large, loud, and loyal dog.

3. An armed alarm system.

4. A shotgun.

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":3c4a2 said:
>|<>QBB<

If you're wanting something that your wife can use, neither of those are a bad choice. We can all argue which is "better" but neither is "bad".

If you get the shot gun you might consider the 20 guage. My wife has shot deer with her 260 Rem, she's shot my glock 19 (which I got for her to use) and my glock 22, as well as several of my other guns. She doesn't like my 12 guages though, because of the kick.

In a defense scenario you/she won't feel the kick, but she'll need to shoot it before hand (hopefully you'll be able to get her to go with you a few times a year and practice with it) and if she's scared of the kick, it won't be much good to her in a defense situation. Much like deer hunting, a 243 is a much better deer gun than a 30-06, if the person shooting the gun is scared of the recoil of the 30-06. Getting used to a gun kicking is something that must gun nuts will work on getting used to, but if your wife is already leary of a gun like you've mentioned, she won't take the effort to get used to it.

All I'm saying is that you can have the undisputed best self defense gun in the world, but if your wife is scared of shooting it, it won't do her any good, you really need to pick a gun she'll be comfortable with.

Damn, you beat me to it...

I hate having to actively participate on conference calls :x :x :x

Code001,

Please tell your dad that he is insane. :wink:
A IMI UZI could easily bring in $1000.00 if not more.

+1 for being proficient with a gun rather than what type of gun to use.

Range time, Range time, Range time.

Its like saying a Les Paul is better than a strat, not if you cant play the LP worth shit.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":762e5 said:
My preferences, in order:

1. A clear head and a plan.

2. A large, loud, and loyal dog.

3. An armed alarm system.

4. A shotgun.

you sir, are a smart man.

i have my 12-guage for the home and a .38 for the road.

Back