Mako Dorado clip

• Thread starter Thread starter J.B.
  • Start date Start date
J.B.
J.B.
Thought I'd make a clip of the Dorado today. Cabinet is a Bogner with V30's, Jackson SL2H with a JB, sm57 and E609. Low volume.
Rig1-19004.jpg

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=559543&songID=4903172

:bang: I love the fast part....reminds me of Iced Earth a little bit!!!! Nice!

That sounds fucking heavy dude. How much are those things again? And is there still a huge wait time?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":1d017 said:
That sounds fucking heavy dude. How much are those things again? And is there still a huge wait time?
I paid like 2k for my PTP one. But the new hybrids are $1,650 I believe. The amp is incredible. It's the only amp I have ever had that I can leave the setting how they are in the room when I record. Usually I have to up this, turn down that, etc, etc. But for some reason I don't have to do that with this amp. :?

The wait time is a lot shorter now.

Hmm, $1650 huh? I might have to buy one of those instead of getting another Blackmore. Do the new ones sound that much different?

I gotta say....2 Camerons and a Mako.....you are set!!! :o :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":aa7bc said:
Hmm, $1650 huh? I might have to buy one of those instead of getting another Blackmore. Do the new ones sound that much different?
No, they shouldn't sound any different at all. Andrew told me that they will sound the same, but will be more consistant and be much quicker to build. The PTP ones can sound a bit different from amp to amp (with all PTP amps). Argonaut4 and I compared ours a few weeks ago and they in fact sounded different. It was minor (his was a tad brighter with the same settings), but nothing a tweak of the EQ couldn't change.

Also, the hybrids won't have the depth mod and he will be charging for any tweaks to the hybrids, where with the PTP ones he will tweak them for free.

>|<>QBB<
crwnedblasphemy":70bf4 said:
I gotta say....2 Camerons and a Mako.....you are set!!! :o :lol:
Yeah, I was A/Bing all 3 of them last night because I wanted to sell something to get another guitar and cab. But I can't sell any of them. They all sound too good. Time to start saving. :(

You've owned the Splawn amp too...how would you compare the two?

>|<>QBB<
Echoes":48971 said:
You've owned the Splawn amp too...how would you compare the two?
I owned a Splawn modded 59RI Marshall with KT88's a long time ago. I hated it. I think he's made a lot of improvements since then though.

Back