Hold out for new Marshall Vintage Modern, or snag a DSL?

• Thread starter Thread starter napalmdeath
  • Start date Start date
I'm curious too, but I think I'm going to wait it out a bit. First runs are usually where they work the bugs out etc.

Plus, after they come out, I bet DSL and TSL's take a pretty good drop in prices for a while...

>|<>QBB<
Marshall Freak":50c08 said:
I'm curious too, but I think I'm going to wait it out a bit. First runs are usually where they work the bugs out etc.

Plus, after they come out, I bet DSL and TSL's take a pretty good drop in prices for a while...
+1 and +1

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":6dad7 said:
There's no telling how long it will take for that amp to hit the stores. I know Peavey always takes 9-12 months from the time they announce a new design until the time it's shipping. I guess to build up the hype or whatever.

Not sure about Marshall, though. I'm real interested in that amp too!

They're saying "spring 2007"..?? :?

MSRP on a 100 watt head = $2500!!!!!!

Oh well, if Gibson can do it, why not Marshall?

They already sell the JCM800 for $2,000. What do you expect?

>|<>QBB<
OneArmedScissor":aa83a said:
They already sell the JCM800 for $2,000. What do you expect?

Actually, you can preorder a 50 watt head for $1350 from MF. My bad. The press release I saw must have been incorrect!

I might try one out for that price.....

Well the MSRP is definitely going to be higher. After the JCM800, it's hard to be surprised by anything, though haha.

>|<>QBB<
daver101":1a179 said:
>|<>QBB<

Actually, you can preorder a 50 watt head for $1350 from MF. My bad. The press release I saw must have been incorrect!

I might try one out for that price.....

Yup, 1350 with a "due date" of 1350. Which amp (DSL or VM) appeals to you more feature wise and advertised tone wise? What is it you like or don't like about the DSL? Are those "problems" or "preferences" addressed or included in the Vintage Modern? Personally, I'd wait until I could try out the Vintage Modern, but that amp in general appeals more to me...

Back