The OFFICIAL NAMM Check In Thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
metalpoida":b9f38 said:
kageralph.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLCAKES!
I love how everyone else is just oblivious to what's going on except the one asian dude in the background. :P

To the guys at NAMM..

If you could take, then post, more pics from gear at the show, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":8bcde said:
Just got a call from Kage. Spoke to him and Ralph.
They both give the new Marshall JVM (4 channels) a HUGE thumbs up
Harumph!! I called Kage and my call went to voicemail cuz he was on the phone with Carl! :mrgreen:

But yes, apparently the JVM got a HUGE 2-thumbs up. All four channels sound great, per Kage/Ralph/Scott.

Who knew?

p.s. They also said the Vintage Modern was nice, but that the JVM killed.

>|<>QBB<
BerkleeBill":27412 said:
>|<>QBB< Harumph!! I called Kage and my call went to voicemail cuz he was on the phone with Carl! :mrgreen:

But yes, apparently the JVM got a HUGE 2-thumbs up. All four channels sound great, per Kage/Ralph/Scott.

Who knew?

p.s. They also said the Vintage Modern was nice, but that the JVM killed.

I thought the Vintage Modern and JVM was the same amp. :?

I downloaded a jvm manual off the marshall site and it looks amazing. I'm very curious how the clean chanel sounds with the 2 added gain stages after the eq!?!? I wonder if it will sound Mesa Mark-ish.

word up boys!

had a rough start today and only managed to squeak in about 3 hrs at the show today, but saw some really cool things---pics later cuz i have to blaze soon to tone merchants for guthrie show--

pigtronix pedals are AWESOME

the echolution delay is amazing analog warm sounding pedal and is feature laden with modulation, tap tempo, and super long delay times, hold function, golden ration spiral delays, drive....on and on...

the distnortion, and new compressor are also some of the best i've heard. the distortion runs a parallel path and does tube screamer, fuzz, plexi, ect.
and the envelope filter---killer univibe sounds with the expression pedal...been a long time since i've been that impressed with pedals, except for the new eventide delay yesterday :)

boss is releasing a couple of new pedals...one that is a bassman amp tone, and another that is a deluxe....jury is out on those

there is a new wireless pedal loop controller i saw that was also very slick-name escapes me at the moment-
control up to 4 pedals that are stationed near your amp, and have one wreless controller on your gtr strap, one floorboard, and you can even mount tiny switches on your pickguard near the toggle to kick pedals on and off or channel switch your amp

more later!

DAMMIT SHIT DAMMIT TO BLOODY PUSS SPEWING HELL the Marshall JVM was not supposed to be a great amp.

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":4f1b6 said:
and if you can open a quicktime file, get a sneak peek at the new marshall by downloading the "marshall.MOV" from my site located

HERE

Is that Nick Bowcott doing the demo? The dude from Grim Reaper? :o

Hey can one of you guys get a pic from the HBE/Gutierrez booth?

Please?

Thanks

>|<>QBB<
Ultron":df34a said:
>|<>QBB<

Is that Nick Bowcott doing the demo? The dude from Grim Reaper? :o

yah that was nick bowcott

more NAMM highlights:

kashabrick.jpg

kasha brick preamp-throw it in front of your clean amp for a boost and kasha dirt channel

kasharack.jpg

hbehoey.jpg

gary hoey hanging at the hbe booth

vhtrack.jpg

vht rack...is that 6L6 poweramp new? they were busy so i didn't ask

eddiethd.jpg

eddie d. flowing on the fretless

mustain.jpg

dave!!!!!! omg omg omg...! :mrgreen:

bcrich.jpg

can i see some horns?

einsteinlane.jpg

one of the things i love about NAMM...this dude is trying out a shawn lane vigier guitar on a diezel einstein...EVERYTHING is here...i really want that SL gtr before i die...it is SO easy to play shred on--the neck is just the fastest beauty

robbossbassman.jpg

rob marcello demoing the boss bassman pedal..that corporate harlot :D

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":5e1ab said:
>|<>QBB<

vhtrack.jpg

vht rack...is that 6L6 poweramp new? they were busy so i didn't ask

Only being sold in Europe. It's a 2/50/2 that uses 6L6's instead of EL's.
I have one coming...:D

hbehoey.jpg

gary hoey hanging at the hbe booth

WOW, how cool is that? Gary Hoey playing the Gutierrez Juggernaut!!!!

Thats Brent kneeling with the Strat....

bossbassman.jpg

bossdeluxe.jpg

seymourpedals.jpg

seymourtwintube.jpg

pigtronix.jpg

this had to be one of the highlights...these pedals are SERIOUS machines. make it a point to try these puppies out...i'm a analog delay kinda guy, and the echolution is sweet---warm and buttery like a memoryman and my replex, but all the digital control like tap tempo, stereo madness, great modulation sounds, hi cut, gain for really cool dirty grit, super long times....i'd say for truly great analog sounds this is the one to get, but if you need that extra transparency factor, go with the eventide delay pedal

wirelessswitching.jpg

another very cool new product---foot loose wireless switching system
control a 4 channel loop/latching "brain" next to your amp with a wireless transmitter attached to your gtr strap, or with a wireless footcontroller, or both
350 foot range, 315Mhz digital, glitchfree switching, and footcontroller runs on rechargable battery power...no power cables

wirelessbrain.jpg

the brain sitting on the amp with the pedals switches amp channel and pedals in and out

www.gofootloose.com

how am i doing so far???

suhrbadgersh.jpg

badger and big brother the new scott henderson model

nickzvex.jpg

nick sterling trying out some zvex noisemakers

anderson.jpg

that white/silver anderson was gorgeous...photo no justice at all

fuchsmetal.jpg

fuchs does metal!

fuchsfrost.jpg

the fuchs frost model is a fire breather

just remembered something...

the guy that opened for paul gilbert at the viper room was phil sayce(sp?)

the guy was KILLER. he is a fuch endorsee...bummed i missed his demo at the fuchs booth, although i didn't see a fuchs on stage with him at the viper room...a SF super reverb, a head that looked like a vox but could haver been a custom fuchs on a 2x12 cab, a beat up vintage looking strat that he abused all set long and stayed in tune?!?!?!?

he did some killer srv and hendrixy material with a twist of gary moore type shred....check him out!

back to the pics...

65amps.jpg

jensens.jpg

i'm a sucker for jensens in fender type amps.....

Fantastic...... Thanks for the HBE pic....

If you go back by there and Gary Holt from Exodus is there snap a couple pics for me would ya?

:D

Awesome ..

thanks to the guys inside ...
So we still have no official word or sighting on The new VHT line ..hmmm..
by the way did anyone hear the new Mesa express in burn mode .
if so what do ya think step up from Fseries or much the same

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":124f5 said:
>|<>QBB<

yo homie!

that map you gave me was a lifesaver!
i just crawled in the door after the gilbert show....my legs/feet are KILLING

namm day 1 was a blur-

met up with the boys from the big apple, peter diezel, ed d, checked out tomo demoing the eminence speakers with his fuchs tds, the sickness at egnater (the new twin/deluxe module and the completed COD module :o :o oh my can we say dumble/markIIc+)
JWR demoing the new eventide delay pedal (stereo ins/outs midi usb, cc jack, tap tempo, ducking, modulation, sounds SICK)
tc's new reissued pedal line (linebooster/distortion, phase VII, sustain para eq) and powercore desktop computer interface,
the new marshall 4 channel monster, kasha amps, ran by the suhr booth and drooled at the badger,
ran home grabbed the wife and friend, and rolled to the 'wood for paul and broooce shredding the viper room

freezeorange.jpg

kageralph.jpg

eventidedelay.jpg

eggietdcod.jpg

uli.jpg

:o :o
where;s Ralph's beard??????

badcatgreen.jpg

hkangie.jpg

hughas and kettner artist angie? laying down the sludge with the switchblade

huberflames.jpg

really stunning flame jobs on these gtrs

kagepeter.jpg

kagey about to hug the air out of herbert and einstein's daddy.

jakeguthriealex.jpg

the guth posing with my nephew and son at tone merchants just before his smoldering set (note steve "sah5150" in the background! a fine gentleman and a true tone connosieur---he plays a peacemaker :D )

guthrietonemerchants.jpg

mr. govan was loose and on fire last night! kudos to monster drummer joel taylor who had like one day to learn the erotic cakes set!
yOWWZA!

and as a final getsure, you can access a little quicktime clip of the guth laying it down last night on the guthrie 07 link
HERE

just click on the down arrow to the right of the filename

thus concludes my official mentoneman
namm07.jpg

Back