The OFFICIAL NAMM Check In Thread...

• Thread starter Thread starter SteveVHT
  • Start date Start date
Nice. I should've had some Rig-Talk badges or something made up for some walks to walk around with.

I can't wait to get my Nik Huber...
You had to go and post that pic...

uli.jpg
[/quote]

the product uli is standing in front of is also pretty interesting...auto tuning system called the powertune

read at:

www.tronical.com

Thats pretty fucking cool, If they make a bridge for a "String-thru" style guitar I may look into this.

why not? :D

Guys...
Someone MUST go to the VHT booth and check out the new secret amp....
POST UP BIATCHES!!!!!!

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":ea2ba said:
Guys...
Someone MUST go to the VHT booth and check out the new secret amp....
POST UP BIATCHES!!!!!!

I got the scoop....
Maybe you can post some pics since I am sworn to secrecy....
Steve

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":49718 said:
Great pics, thanks Mentone man. Looks a blast. Im wondering what that eventide pedal is price wise.

Next time you make it here, could you give a quick Gilbert/Boulliet review? Has Bruce still "got it?"

the gilbert show---

the buzz was it was going to be more like a racer x reunioun...not!
but man i tell you, it was pretty much worth the price of admission just to see paul and bruce shred "sacrified" again!

bruce did look like he was working a bit harder than paul to pull of the technical bits, but pull them he did! i just get the impression he is interested in a totally different style of music these days.
and he was having some trouble with his gear...weird low freq feedback, kinda like a microphonic pickup in a semihollowbody gtr.

but there were other great moments...they did a spice girls cover and paul played the solo to stairway to heaven on it....they played vh's "eruption", the tapping part...in harmony.
they did tons of trading solos and lots of interesting grunge/groove music with cool harmony lines weaving in and out

i could have done without paul's super cheeze pop solo stuff-
they did green tinted 60's mind and addicted to that rush from mr. big era

but one of the big highlights of the whole evening was the opening kid, phil sayce

i gotta tell you, the guy has GREAT clean and blues strat tones! he totally abused his vintage strat all set long and it would not go out of tune...i was amazed! very stevie ray and hendrix type blues rock.
i am going to get his cd which you can hear clips of at his website.

man, a tour with this guy and jonny lang would ROCK. two of the best new talents in music, imo.

he is a fuchs endorser and i'm bummed i missed his fuchs booth appearance at NAMM---almost too pretty looking to be a real blueser---kinda has the heath ledger thing going on...but a fu manchu and sideburns would fix that in no time!

more comments on the show:

eminence does an amazing job of setting up a demo booth loaded with every speaker they make, wired up to a pedalboard rig where you can select the speaker of choice and play through it using one of about 20 boutique amps they have in the room...fuchs, krank, two rock kimmock, boogies, diezel,

and then there is celestion....visual displays...no amps/gtrs...nothing
i really wanted to hear the gold...too bad.

egnaters modules are very very painful to hear

my choice would be :
new twin/deluxe module
new COD module
SL2 module

in a M100 head
and vox as alternative

and the egnater 1x12s cabs are HUGE sounding beasts!
it might be the first time i've ever heard the claim "1x12 sounding like a 4x12" and believed it.

Yo Pat,

Thanks for all the killer pics and info man i wish i could have been there this year..

Say hi to all for me. catch you on the cutback.

Jason

Awesome Pat!!!!

Thanks for posting all those pics/vids/etc..... You guys rock. TELL KAGE TO CALL ME!

Oh btw Pat, can I just say that you're a bastard for posting that vid of the new Marshall? That thing sounds friggin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!

>|<>QBB<
Randy Van Sykes":17bee said:
update:

Ralph's getting a wedgie
Shea's getting drunk while telling chicks around him to blow him
Bob lost his fanny pack
Scott's holding Shea up....

More to come :D

This is very close to what happened :D

>|<>QBB<
BerkleeBill":63fce said:
>|<>QBB< Harumph!! I called Kage and my call went to voicemail cuz he was on the phone with Carl! :mrgreen:

But yes, apparently the JVM got a HUGE 2-thumbs up. All four channels sound great, per Kage/Ralph/Scott.

Who knew?

p.s. They also said the Vintage Modern was nice, but that the JVM killed.

Amp favor of the year will be the JVM.......bank on it.

Back