High gainer that sounds good with single coils too??????....

• Thread starter Thread starter bulletthebluesky
  • Start date Start date
B
bulletthebluesky
Im looking for something that I can play with my Comeback Kid/ Walls of Jericho esque metal/hardcore band that could also sound awesome with teles and strats for country/pop rock tones. I know that sounds strange, but, I try to cover as many styles as I can.

I know that a Splawn Quickrod would sound amazing for tight metal/punk, but has anyone made a clip of one being played with single coils??? Thats something that Im really interested in! I would love to get some suggestions on some high gainers that can cop vintage rock, even Keith Urban/Brad Paisley pop/country style tones. Am i looking for an amp that doesnt exist???

So far, 2 suggestions that Ive recieved from other pages have been the Splawn Quickrod and the VHT Deliverance. I would like to get everyones input! Thanks

I'd say the XTC Classic does justice to both single coils and humbuckers, one of the main reasons I'm so happy with it, actually. It is pretty $$$ though.

>|<>QBB<
'63-Strat":9c319 said:
I'd say the XTC Classic does justice to both single coils and humbuckers, one of the main reasons I'm so happy with it, actually. It is pretty $$$ though.

Thats actually a tad more than I wanted to pay ha. Im looking to keep it under 1700.

My carvin MTS 3200 aint extreme high gain but the Amp Sounds Awsome with single coils and a peavey cab with sheffields :o
so im on an instramental train wreak :)

VHT UL
VHT CLX
VHT Deliverance
VHT Classic
MB Mark 3
MB Mark 4
Fuchs TDS
Splawn QR
Splawn PM
and just about ever other amp built...:D

I finally had the opportunity to play a Deliverance in person today. GOOD LORD it sounded amazing. Probably my favorite amp that Ive ever played in person. To bad I was in too much of a hurry to get a chance to play it with single coils :(

well for those kinds of tones especially the hot tele sounds like brad and kieth are gonna be brands like dr z. bad cat and matchless, lots of class a amps.

>|<>QBB<
bulletthebluesky":66ab0 said:
I finally had the opportunity to play a Deliverance in person today. GOOD LORD it sounded amazing. Probably my favorite amp that Ive ever played in person. To bad I was in too much of a hurry to get a chance to play it with single coils :(

Just wait till NAMM is over....Something new coming that will blow your mind.... :wink:

>|<>QBB<
bulletthebluesky":989b0 said:
Im looking for something that I can play with my Comeback Kid/ Walls of Jericho esque metal/hardcore band that could also sound awesome with teles and strats for country/pop rock tones. I know that sounds strange, but, I try to cover as many styles as I can.

I know that a Splawn Quickrod would sound amazing for tight metal/punk, but has anyone made a clip of one being played with single coils??? Thats something that Im really interested in! I would love to get some suggestions on some high gainers that can cop vintage rock, even Keith Urban/Brad Paisley pop/country style tones. Am i looking for an amp that doesnt exist???

So far, 2 suggestions that Ive recieved from other pages have been the Splawn Quickrod and the VHT Deliverance. I would like to get everyones input! Thanks

Mojave's Peacemaker or Scorpion with the correct selection of pedals :megaeek: :rawk:

Back