Cornea transplant Monday - 10am... right eye.

• Thread starter Thread starter SQUAREHEAD
  • Start date Start date
SQUAREHEAD
SQUAREHEAD
I'll be "gone" probably for a few days this week guys. Have a great week!! "See ya" later... hopefully!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Keith

>|<>QBB<
SQUAREHEAD":fd43f said:
"See ya" later... hopefully!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope the surgery goes well man! I'm a sissy...I would be very nervous about that. :cry:

>|<>QBB<
ratter":f1ea9 said:
Wow - sounds pretty intense. Best of luck man!

Thanx Bro!!
I've had a condition called "kerataconus" since I was 18. It's a condition where the corneas (front clear lense of the eye) thin out and then can split open. One in 350,000 have it. My surgeon says I should buy lottery tickets... lol...

Keith

Holy crap!! Best of luck in surgery and I hope you have a real speedy recovery.

Anything to do with eyes freaks me out. Best of luck man. Wishin ya a succesful operation!

good luch Keith. I am sure you will do fine and have a speedy recovery.

Take care.

Jason

>|<>QBB<
SQUAREHEAD":eaab3 said:
>|<>QBB<
I've had a condition called "kerataconus" since I was 18. It's a condition where the corneas (front clear lense of the eye) thin out and then can split open.

That's like having bombs in your eyes! :o

Good luck!

prayer's are being sent out for you
hurry back and good luck :)

well im going to have this done sometime this year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant

wonder if that is going to stop me from playing loud music :?
fuck it ill just turn it off and stand in front of the stacks :)

Take care Keith!

I hope all goes well and that you feel better in no time! :)

Dan

Thanx a lot, Guys!!
Here's the best part... My surgeon cuts the old cornea out with a small "cookie cutter" about the size of a dime. He then sews in a
doner's cornea with 16 separate stiches which stay in my eye for 13 months. (Disolving stitches don't stay long enuff... long healing process with no blood in cornea)
This is all done while I'm fully awake. He gives me two needles right in the eyeball to freeze it before.
Should be fun... :o

Keith

>|<>QBB<
SQUAREHEAD":d9134 said:
Thanx a lot, Guys!!
Here's the best part... My surgeon cuts the old cornea out with a small "cookie cutter" about the size of a dime. He then sews in a
doner's cornea with 16 separate stiches which stay in my eye for 13 months. (Disolving stitches don't stay long enuff... long healing process with no blood in cornea)
This is all done while I'm fully awake. He gives me two needles right in the eyeball to freeze it before.
Should be fun... :o

Keith

WOW, Good luck!

Back