Mako Dorado clip

• Thread starter Thread starter J.B.
  • Start date Start date
That is probably the best guitar tone I have ever heard. How would you compare the tone of the herbert that you had to the mako dorado? I know they are different beasts altogether, but just curious.

Awesome as usual JB! You sound like you're really liking the Mako amps. I would love to try one some day.

How about a clean (ish??) clip or how does it clean up with the vol. rolled down? It be nice to have that distortion sound with some kinda clean avail with the knob rolled back

>|<>QBB<
eric_kv2":25237 said:
That is probably the best guitar tone I have ever heard. How would you compare the tone of the herbert that you had to the mako dorado? I know they are different beasts altogether, but just curious.
I was acually able to A/B the Dorado and Herbert once. Both sounded great, but I liked the Dorado the best (before I owned either). Acually I liked the Dorado the best out of all the amps that day (5 or 6 other amps).

i'm not sure why i listen anymore. maybe, just in hope that i'll find something that doesn't sound awesome :mrgreen:
nice work fine sir.

>|<>QBB<
vchizzle":c3efe said:
i'm not sure why i listen anymore. maybe, just in hope that i'll find something that doesn't sound awesome :mrgreen:
nice work fine sir.
Thanks man. You should have heard THIS today!! :o
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9700

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":5dd49 said:
That's pretty fucking sweet. Have you ever played any of the Dynasty Warriors games? Well whether you have or not, your leads really have a "Dynasty Warriors" feel to them. Fucking awesome.

Those games have sweet guitar oriented soundtracks. So do the Guilty Gear games, some amazing playing in those games for sure.

>|<>QBB<
J.B.":bce07 said:
>|<>QBB<A lot. Gain was at 12:30 on the clip.
:megaeek:

I asked Andrew about the depth mod and its like an addition $75 on the new amps. I'd probably get it.

I asked Andrew about the depth mod and its like an addition $75 on the new amps. I'd probably get it.[/quote]

Don't the Makos have an absurd amount of low end? Aren't they generally considered "dark" amps? I'm just wondering why you'd need it.

>|<>QBB<
scottcrud":e94a1 said:
Don't the Makos have an absurd amount of low end? Aren't they generally considered "dark" amps? I'm just wondering why you'd need it.
I'm not sure if it really "needs" it, but I got it anyway. I figured for a little extra, why not just get it. I think it's nice for low volume playing too. And yes, the Dorado is a bit on the dark side.

Back