Stinky Bears!

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
Man it is going to be fucking crazy around here for the next month, I live in Indiana but I'm actually way closer to Chicago. Everyone here is either a diehard Bears fan or diehard Colts fan, the place is going to go nuts.

I hear fireworks going off in the background right now.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":610fa said:
>|<>QBB<

Your kidding me right? If the Bears play like that they will get smoked. They had the ball inside the Saints 15 yard line how many times and had to settle for field goals. There is no way they can outscore the Colts or Pats. And without the turnovers the Bears have no offense.

I'm not a Saints fan, i just want to see a good game and i don't see anything exciting with the Bears in there.

Wow. Just complete and utter ignorance. Remember they put up 39 points and held the top rated offense in the league to 14 points. Have you ever watched a football game before? Just curious. The Bears create turnovers - that's their kind of defense. Their defense sets up their offense. I'm not saying Rex Grossman is some great QB or that they even have a great offense, but their defense does a fine job of putting the offense in good field position.

Points scored today:
1. Bears - 39
2. Colts - 38
3. Pats - 34
4. Saints (best offense in the league) - 14

Remember, you don't have to watch the Superbowl.

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":6773d said:
>|<>QBB<

The NFL's best offensive team turned the ball over because of the Bear's defense 4 times that game. They'll only have to score 21 or 27 points because neither the Pats nor the Colts will be able to run up their offense like they normally do against that defense.

Dude, the Saints got stuck, stole, and snuck. Bears FTW. :P

In Miami in the nice weather, the Colts are going to have a big day and you won't hear Urlachers name much. If the Colts can score 38 on the Pats they will score 40 on the Bears. I'll take the Pats D anyday of the week over the Bears D.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade. The Bears are in the Bowl for the first time in a long time. I said weeks ago that the Eagles would have a better shot in the bad weather instead of the Saints and that to me was the big factor.

I'll bet you 3 packs of strings that the Colts win it. 8)

I don't really care about either of these teams...which is lame...because I don't really want to bet on either team. :x

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":485f9 said:
>|<>QBB<

Wow. Just complete and utter ignorance. Remember they put up 39 points and held the top rated offense in the league to 14 points. Have you ever watched a football game before? Just curious. The Bears create turnovers - that's their kind of defense. Their defense sets up their offense. I'm not saying Rex Grossman is some great QB or that they even have a great offense, but their defense does a fine job of putting the offense in good field position.

Points scored today:
1. Bears - 39
2. Colts - 38
3. Pats - 34

Rex also had what, 4 completions until the 3rd quarter and how many times couldn't they put it in the endzone against the weak Saints D. I wonder if you watched the same game as i did? The Saints couldn't get on track because they are built on speed and the bad field grounded them.

If the Bears can't get TD's against the Colts they will be in big trouble. And check the Colts passing D, they don't let up big plays. And lets compare who has beaten who, the Bears struggled against the Seahawks while the Colts beat the Chiefs and Ravens on the road.

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":90983 said:
>|<>QBB<

Points scored today:
1. Bears - 39
2. Colts - 38
3. Pats - 34

Hit the nail on the head. I have nothing more to add.

We'll all see come game day.

Here are a few links:

2006 NFL Offensive Stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2006&season=2

2006 NFL Defensive Stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

The Saint HAD the best offense in football, but they got knocked out because they could only score 14 against the Bears' "overrated" defense.

The Bears are also ranked higher than the Pats in defense. It's not a big margin, but they are still ranked above them.

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":9aeb6 said:
Here are a few links:

2006 NFL Offensive Stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2006&season=2

2006 NFL Defensive Stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?sort=ypg&stat=team&pos=def&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

The Saint HAD the best offense in football, but they got knocked out because they could only score 14 against the Bears' "overrated" defense.

The Bears are also ranked higher than the Pats in defense. It's not a big margin, but they are still ranked above them.

Yeah and the Ravens and Pats were the #1 and #2 defensive teams in Football and the Colts put up 38 on the Pats.

And remember the Saints are a DOME TEAM. PLease, go check you stats and tell me the last time a Dome team won a championship game on the raod.

And no, Pats are #2 in defense, they allow less points per game which makes them better than the Bears.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":df21f said:
>|<>QBB<

In Miami in the nice weather, the Colts are going to have a big day and you won't hear Urlachers name much. If the Colts can score 38 on the Pats they will score 40 on the Bears. I'll take the Pats D anyday of the week over the Bears D.

The Pats defense pales in comparison to the Bears. The Colts won't be scoring 38 points against the Bears I guarantee you.

danyeo":df21f said:
But hey, don't let me rain on your parade. The Bears are in the Bowl for the first time in a long time. I said weeks ago that the Eagles would have a better shot in the bad weather instead of the Saints and that to me was the big factor.

I'll bet you 3 packs of strings that the Colts win it. 8)

You're on. I use Ernie Ball regular slinky's. I'll PM you my address after the game. 8)

I think Manning will finally get it done and win it all. I really don't want to see a guy like Rex Grossman win a Super Bowl...that would just be sad.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":39cd2 said:
I think Manning will finally get it done and win it all. I really don't want to see a guy like Rex Grossman win a Super Bowl...that would just be sad.

You know there's other guys out there on the field besides the quarterback... :?

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":7db86 said:
>|<>QBB<

Rex also had what, 4 completions until the 3rd quarter and how many times couldn't they put it in the endzone against the weak Saints D. I wonder if you watched the same game as i did? The Saints couldn't get on track because they are built on speed and the bad field grounded them.

If the Bears can't get TD's against the Colts they will be in big trouble. And check the Colts passing D, they don't let up big plays. And lets compare who has beaten who, the Bears struggled against the Seahawks while the Colts beat the Chiefs and Ravens on the road.

What's more important, stats through the first half, or stats for a full game? Better yet, what's more important, stats or the final score??? Yes, he had a slow start but he came out in the second half and was throwing the ball much better. His numbers still weren't breathtaking by any means (11/26 for 144 yards and a TD), but their offense is not based around a spectacular QB. They ran the ball pretty well today, and their defense played solid. If they keep these 2 things going for them and Rex has a decent game, I have no doubt in my mind that they can beat the Colts.

Both my teams are in, just have to decide who to root for.....

>|<>QBB<
shredhead666":986db said:
>|<>QBB<

You know there's other guys out there on the field besides the quarterback... :?

Yes, but just the fact that it's Rex Grossman is sad to me. The guy was 4/18 at one point in the game today.

HELLO!?! There are 11 players on the field. I just want to remind everybody that we are talking about NFL FOOTBALL here. This isn't golf where it's a one-man sport. It's a team game.

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":c3481 said:
HELLO!?! There are 11 players on the field. I just want to remind everybody that we are talking about NFL FOOTBALL here. This isn't golf where it's a one-man sport. It's a team game.

Gee thanks.

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":84329 said:
>|<>QBB<

Well somebody had to tell you since you obviously don't understand the concept.

You're right, I don't understand how the game of football is played. Could someone please tell me how many points a touchdown is worth? :?

EDIT: Also, how many innings is a game?

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":6b3ef said:
>|<>QBB<

You're right, I don't understand how the game of football is played. Could someone please tell me how many points a touchdown is worth? :?

EDIT: Also, how many innings is a game?

Wait, are you sure you want to talk some more about team games? Maybe you would be better off if we discussed something like bowling? Singles Tennis?

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":5387b said:
>|<>QBB<

Wait, are you sure you want to talk some more about team games? Maybe you would be better off if we discussed something like bowling? Singles Tennis?

I thought you were a 49er fan anyways. I guess the weather was just too fair in Chicago eh?

Back