New Marshalls at NAMM - HOLY COW! Marshall is Back!

• Thread starter Thread starter Chubtone
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Variable":aaa43 said:
Did the JVM have the switching delay that was in that demo DVD?

Somebody on huge racks posted that there's no switching delay....dunno if it's really true or not...

So i wonder how the new Marshalls will stack up against the Ace from Boogie? I think the Ace kicks ass and blows away anything Marshall has put out in a long long time.

I really hope they don't sell for $2000. I just can't see spending that much for the level of build quality you get.

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":2be9b said:
I really hope they don't sell for $2000. I just can't see spending that much for the level of build quality you get.

Not many 4 channel tube amps out there...

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":5f744 said:
>|<>QBB<

Not many 4 channel tube amps out there...

At a $2000 price point the Roadster would actually be cheaper :o

Tone is the first priority when I purchase, but build quality is very important to me as well. I won't pay boutique prices for mass produced build quality.

>|<>QBB<
vchizzle":b1df0 said:
>|<>QBB< if these are right - the head would be $1776.24. that's getting up into the range where you can buy a better built amp than a Marshall. sorry, i just have doubt that quality is gonna be stepped up.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say the head will be $1749.99. Seeing how the VM head is now on MF for $1349.99, that's roughly 30% off list. If that percentage holds true, $1749.99 should be right in line.

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":5d4ad said:
>|<>QBB<

Tone is the first priority when I purchase, but build quality is very important to me as well. I won't pay boutique prices for mass produced build quality.

There's not much for boutique style build quality to be had for around $2000, when your talking about channel swtchers, let alone one with 4 channels with 3 modes per channel.

>|<>QBB<
Shiny_Surface":5379d said:
>|<>QBB<

The opinion from all of us is that the JVM is the first new Marshall we want and boogie is in trouble as well as Splawn and the other Marshall clones.

Ch 1 has a killer clean
Ch2 nails a 800
Ch3 is hot rodded 800 and up
Ch 4 is just freaking stupid gain area.

I would buy this JVM over a RK without even thinking. Other problem is that none of us tried it, just demos so we can't comment on the feel.

the clean impressed me the most out of all the channels.

i'll be honest, after owning the peacemaker, until something comes along and totally ruins my perception of the "perfect" marshall rock sound, which has been set by the peacemaker in my mind, i won't flinch.

i am very partial to egnaters for the channel switching solution, followed by what i've heard in the last year in the suhr OD-100 incarnations.
fuchs tds is also a winner.

So is it retarded loud or did it seem manageable at lower volumes?

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":63d86 said:
the clean impressed me the most out of all the channels.

i'll be honest, after owning the peacemaker, until something comes along and totally ruins my perception of the "perfect" marshall rock sound, which has been set by the peacemaker in my mind, i won't flinch.

i am very partial to egnaters for the channel switching solution, followed by what i've heard in the last year in the suhr OD-100 incarnations.
fuchs tds is also a winner.

Pat, I'm a Peacemaker owner :mrgreen: The Vintage Modern sounded KILLER to me. This was with Nick Bowcutt hamfisting his way through a few power chords and pentatonic licks with EMG's. Today a guy played a strat with a HotRails through it and it sounded even better. Imagine a good guitar player through it with a killer sounding guitar?

I really think the boutique market is going to suffer a big hit here.

>|<>QBB<
Chubtone":6ab5f said:
>|<>QBB<

Pat, I'm a Peacemaker owner :mrgreen: The Vintage Modern sounded KILLER to me. This was with Nick Bowcutt hamfisting his way through a few power chords and pentatonic licks with EMG's. Today a guy played a strat with a HotRails through it and it sounded even better. Imagine a good guitar player through it with a killer sounding guitar?

I really think the boutique market is going to suffer a big hit here.

i'm not knocking your impeccable taste my mojave bro bro!
i bet the vintage sounded awesome...i did not hear that one

i was actually talking about the 4 channel jobbie....if i had to be absolutely honest about that one, i was actually more impressed when i heard the mode 4 demo!!!

that ought to win me a few fans.... :mrgreen:

ps,
did kage and ralphie ever make it to your shop, and if so did you bless them with a dose of mojave fever?

Pat,
The Mojaves are gone from my shop. I'm not dealing them anymore. I loved them, but my love for them couldn't translate into getting people to shell out $3k for them.

I did meet Ralph and Kage and Scott and Telephant and Bob Savage and Bartfast and some other HC or RT guys. I had a good time and Bob Savage is highly recommended for suggesting which beers to try at Heroes!

And Pat, you would have been proud of Scott (Digital Jams). Vai walked right past us on Friday and though Scott's lips started puckering involuntarily, he was able to restrain himself from rushing up to Steve and firmly attaching them to his buttocks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
Chubtone":f4a3f said:
Pat,
The Mojaves are gone from my shop. I'm not dealing them anymore. I loved them, but my love for them couldn't translate into getting people to shell out $3k for them.

I did meet Ralph and Kage and Scott and Telephant and Bob Savage and Bartfast and some other HC or RT guys. I had a good time and Bob Savage is highly suggested for recommending which beers to try at Heroes!

the price for mojaves is definitely no joke.

but they are some of the best tone machines money can buy...they have certainly ruined my ear for plexi/brown rock tones!

awesome that you got to meet some of the boys as well!

Back