The official - Going back to work after NAMM sucks thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tweed
  • Start date Start date
tweed
tweed
Flew back yesterday, all 3 kids sick, wife really tired, did laundry, cleaned the house. Didn't get anymore sleep here than I did at NAMM, kids and th e dog up all freaking night. Now off to work. I've had maybe 8 hrs combined sleep since last thursday night. I feel a big crash coming on..

Anyone else still recovering from NAMM?

Got home about midnight and maybe 3 1/2 hours of sleep.......I am freaking destroyed right now.

It was worth it though :D

As hard as I try I just can't feel bad for you bastards!!! :D

>|<>QBB<
PeteLaramee":144de said:
As hard as I try I just can't feel bad for you bastards!!! :D

I am not bitching Pete...that is certain. For 4 days I was a rock star :)

>|<>QBB<
tweed":aa18a said:
Flew back yesterday, all 3 kids sick, wife really tired, did laundry, cleaned the house. Didn't get anymore sleep here than I did at NAMM, kids and th e dog up all freaking night. Now off to work. I've had maybe 8 hrs combined sleep since last thursday night. I feel a big crash coming on..

Anyone else still recovering from NAMM?

I'm feeling great today, but yesterday I could hardly keep my eyes open the whole day.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":ee828 said:
>|<>QBB<

You need to be on stage to be a rock star. :P

Got a one on one lesson from Paul Gilbert in the EB booth Friday....close enough :P

What a freaking cool guy, we spoke for about 5 minutes about his Viper Room show and he asked if I had any questions so I said I was having issues with one of his Intense Rock licks. We grabbed two guitars and just sat down :o

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":2326c said:
>|<>QBB<

I said I was having issues with one of his Intense Rock licks. :o

Are you sure it was just one? 8) J/K, that sounds awesome. So, were you as blown away as everyone else with the new Marshalls? I still doubt they would replace the Marks for leads for me.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":27345 said:
>|<>QBB<

Got a one on one lesson from Paul Gilbert in the EB booth Friday....close enough :P

What a freaking cool guy, we spoke for about 5 minutes about his Viper Room show and he asked if I had any questions so I said I was having issues with one of his Intense Rock licks. We grabbed two guitars and just sat down :o

Paul Gilbert rules. I think I need to pick up some of his stuff now.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":dbb5b said:
>|<>QBB<

Are you sure it was just one? 8) J/K, that sounds awesome. So, were you as blown away as everyone else with the new Marshalls? I still doubt they would replace the Marks for leads for me.

Well yeah but I did not have all day with him :lol:

Yeah I was blown away by both of them but we could not play them so we have no idea about the feel. I went into that booth just knowing I was going to hate them and Ralph and I were looking at each other like WTF it sounds awesome going through v30s as well. I bet Greens would rip with that amp.

>|<>QBB<
Bob Savage":27e40 said:
>|<>QBB<

Paul Gilbert rules. I think I need to pick up some of his stuff now.

I think at that time is when everything hit me that I was at NAMM :D

Man those froozen thingies were awesome......I want one right now for some reason.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":7a5cd said:
>|<>QBB<

Man those froozen thingies were awesome......I want one right now for some reason.

No doubt, if I would have known about that Waborita booth on Thursday, I think that's all I would have been drinking. Those things were yummy!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":fffb2 said:
>|<>QBB<

So glad you had a great time!!! I hope I can catch you next time. :D This was the first NAMM that I've missed in about 20 years. :(

It is the ULTIMATE musician's toy store in the Universe!!!!!!!!!

From the mouth of chris rock
if you have problems
the cure is

ROBITUSSIN :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Zachman":a611b said:
>|<>QBB<

So glad you had a great time!!! I hope I can catch you next time. :D This was the first NAMM that I've missed in about 20 years. :(

It is the ULTIMATE musician's toy store in the Universe!!!!!!!!!

Zach!

Bro bro.......it was just an incredible trip all around!

Im having a hard time falling asleep so Im tired as hell today. I maybe got 3 hours in. Moving forward in time zones is the shaft.

Back