2007 Caparisons

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":5bc8c said:
I just cannot, for the life of me, get over that anyone would like that sponge-job finish and furthermore, think it looked anything but ridiculously cheap. Sorry.

They do look horrible. Like a bad kitchen paint job out of a 1980's kitchen...:D

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":9b87b said:
>|<>QBB<

They do look horrible. Like a bad kitchen paint job out of a 1980's kitchen...:D

I'm pretty sure I saw some retards practising how to apply that finish in some *special* art class when I was in college a few years ago.

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":c6c70 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm pretty sure I saw some retards practising how to apply that finish in some *special* art class when I was in college a few years ago.

They have the kits at your local hardware store for those patterns. I think they are like $9.99

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":56ea0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Buy dis geetar and I give you freee fortune cookie.....!!!!!!!

You're getting Japanese and Chinese mixed up. :P But maybe he could get his sister to give you a secret massage with happy ending.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":bedf6 said:
>|<>QBB<

You're getting Japanese and Chinese mixed up. :P But maybe he could get his sister to give you a secret massage with happy ending.

And have sex with some squids, while puking on each other.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":7a1de said:
>|<>QBB<

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

>|<>QBB<
SteveVHT":b7f8d said:
>|<>QBB<

That is exactly what they are. They are the same quality etc to ESP, Jackson and Ibanez guitars mid line guitars.
The thing is the import charges tag on about $1200 per guitar according to the price.
So how do the other companies build the same quality guitars, with the same quality woods and hardware, yet sell them for $500-$800....?????

Hmmmmmmm..... :wink:

i've played a few jacksons and esp's that were on par or better with the caparisons that i've played, but they weren't the $500-800 models

I had a chance to sit down and play one of their angelus SP? models, whatever the one that is kinda prs or lp doublecut lookin. It was one that was custom built for an endorsed artist and was built entirley by Ittaru SP? again the head guy. It was a nice guitar, I'd say it was certainly very good quality, I would compare it to Ibanez prestiges, upper end ESP's and the like. It was superior in one way to most japanese guitars in the finish dept. though, it wasn't the sponge paint buisness, I don't care for those either. This one had a nice trans black satin finish that was nice and thin, some people may or may not dig that, I love japanese guitars but the only thing that bothers me about alot of them is they have way too much finish on them. I have to say it was a nice guitar with really intricate inlays and good fretwork and the finish was very cool, but that said I would have a hard time shelling out that kinda cash for one. They need to do something to make their pricing more competitive in the states. I'm not really into trendy guitars either though, no offense to anyone that owns one but they just seem to be held in such high regard just because of some of the euro metal guys that play them, the one I played was nice but so are lots of other guitars. I think it's quite funny when people seem to think that they're miles beyond Jacksons and the like, considering that I played what is the best Caparison has to offer I'd have to dissagree, high level guitars for sure but no better than alot of other high end guitars, it's just a matter of personal preference at that price point.

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":3943d said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes, god forbid different people have different tastes. I think your JP looks cheap, but you love it, you see how that works?

Exaclty, the last Suhr I saw looked like a cheap Start copy project guitar....

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":10a68 said:
>|<>QBB<

Yes, god forbid different people have different tastes. I think your JP looks cheap, but you love it, you see how that works?

Sure, but the paintjob doesn't look like a 10 year old applied it.

On a side note, I think the more plainly coloured Superstrats are actually pretty nice.

Some of you must be incredible builders to look at a photo and deam something was cheaply made, I wish I was that good.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":1363e said:
Some of you must be incredible builders to look at a photo and deam something was cheaply made, I wish I was that good.

:lol: :laugh:

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":5dc78 said:
>|<>QBB<

I do not find this gift funny at all, I am jealous that I do not have this ability.

It's the internet, you have the ability to claim to be able to do anything! :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":091cf said:
>|<>QBB<

Alder body + 1 pickup...and it's an EMG81 = loses

I LOVE Alder bodied guitars. Mahogany tends to sound too dark. I'm not a fan of the lower-mid sound anymore. Something about it just sounds farty to me.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":8e59d said:
>|<>QBB<

FWIW, Fortune Cookies originated in San Francisco - not China.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":90225 said:

+1

Nothing about Caparisons is cheaply made. Just because you don't like the finish, doesn't mean it's cheap. :roll:

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":75d0c said:
>|<>QBB<

+1

Nothing about Caparisons is cheaply made. Just because you don't like the finish, doesn't mean it's cheap. :roll:

You said Mr Hero's guitar looks cheap but it is in England :?

Back