Stinky Bears!

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":92f84 said:
Keep talking your shit and disrespecting the Bears..I love how you completely down-play their win over a Saints team that had a QB with higher production in yards than Peyton Manning and two better backs than who they have in Indy not to mention a better Defense..all we heard the entire week was how "America's new team" was going to roll all over us..the Bears allowed 56 yards rushing total..and they put alot of pressure on Brees all day...and we lit them up on the ground.... it's not going to be a super-fast surface like it would be on turf..the Bears are very fast on D....the Colts haven't played the Bears......don't compare other teams Cover 2 to how they play it...you also underestimate TJ and Benson it sounds...very underated backs...the Bears beat the Giants pretty handily....talk all the shit about any of their wins....they still found ways to win...the Colts may have been solid on Defense lately....but if you're going to throw the Bears lackluster season performances in then you have to equally acknowledge those games that the Colts D was just blistered in the running game by various clubs incuding that disasterous performance against Jacksonville....We don't need to pray for turnovers btw.......the Bears D led the league in that department....I see them very motivated and pumped for this game...they are a very physical and tough bunch....I see them battling and putting everything out there...it seems to me that these two teams won their respective right to get into this game.......maybe you shouldn't watch if you don't agree with that result..

I'm not talking shit as you say, just bringing up the facts. And come on now, the Saints offense isn't the Colt offense. Manning is better than Brees and Reggie Wayne is better than any Saint WR, I'm not even bringing up Harrison. The AFC was much better than the NFC this year.

The Ravens had the most points scored by the defense this year not the Bears so to me, that's more important than forced fumbles. And the Bears did play Miami, who has a good defense and has 1 less forced fumble than the Bears. Miami did blow out the Bears by the way. And the Colts beat the Pats twice this year, and they beat the Dolphins. Both the Dolphins and Pats beat the Bears.

And who do you think is better, the Seahawks and Saints or the Chiefs, Ravens, and Pats?

I'll give you this, the Bears have a better shot against the Colts than the Pats and i made this thread thinking that they would play the Pats which i gave them no shot at. This matchup will be more watchable since the Pats are out and i won't be upset in the least if the Bears find a way to win.

Who knows, if i see that dumb commerical with Peyton wearing the fake moustache talking up his laser rocket arm i may be cheering for the Bears by super Sunday.

>|<>QBB<
Beergoblin":ec5e7 said:
If the Bears end up winning it all, people will still shit about em regardless......they just seem to be one of those teams. As long as they win I'll be a happy man :D

Exactly. The Bears will still get almost no respect if they win the Superbowl. It's ridiculous. I don't knwo if you are a baseball fan, but the same thing happened to the White Sox 2 years ago. They went 11-1 in the playoffs, yet they still weren't given much praise or respect. I don't get it :?

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":1fde5 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm not talking shit as you say, just bringing up the facts. And come on now, the Saints offense isn't the Colt offense. Manning is better than Brees and Reggie Wayne is better than any Saint WR, I'm not even bringing up Harrison. The AFC was much better than the NFC this year.

The Saints had the best offense in the NFL, I'd go so far as to say better than the Colts this year. And the Bears' defense absolutely humiliated them.

The Ravens had the most points scored by the defense this year not the Bears so to me, that's more important than forced fumbles. And the Bears did play Miami, who has a good defense and has 1 less forced fumble than the Bears. Miami did blow out the Bears by the way. And the Colts beat the Pats twice this year, and they beat the Dolphins. Both the Dolphins and Pats beat the Bears.

You can't honestly think this is a valid argument. This kinda crap happens all the time. A beats B, B beats C, then C beats A. BFD, it happens. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Where is Miami now? Where are the Ravens now? See?

And who do you think is better, the Seahawks and Saints or the Chiefs, Ravens, and Pats?

Of those teams, the Saints and Pats. The Pats let the game slip - it could have gone either way. The Saints on the other hand got summarily vanquished.

I'll give you this, the Bears have a better shot against the Colts than the Pats and i made this thread thinking that they would play the Pats which i gave them no shot at. This matchup will be more watchable since the Pats are out and i won't be upset in the least if the Bears find a way to win.

Absolutely!

Who knows, if i see that dumb commerical with Peyton wearing the fake moustache talking up his laser rocket arm i may be cheering for the Bears by super Sunday.

You have to admit, the one where the dude gets sprayed in the face by the espresso machine is pretty hilarious. :lol:

>|<>QBB<
LedZep77":9b729 said:
>|<>QBB<

Exactly. The Bears will still get almost no respect if they win the Superbowl. It's ridiculous. I don't knwo if you are a baseball fan, but the same thing happened to the White Sox 2 years ago. They went 11-1 in the playoffs, yet they still weren't given much praise or respect. I don't get it :?

Not around here in NJ/NYC. We very much liked seeing the White Sox sweep the Red Sox. Contrearas and Garland are good pichers but Buehrle came back down to Earth last year, and i can't believe they let Garcia go. Are you upset that the Yanks let the Tigers have Sheffield? He is old and i wouldn't be suprised to see him get hurt with his agressive swing.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":8f9a0 said:
>|<>QBB<

Not around here in NJ/NYC. We very much liked seeing the White Sox sweep the Red Sox. Contrearas and Garland are good pichers but Buehrle came back down to Earth last year, and i can't believe they let Garcia go. Are you upset that the Yanks let the Tigers have Sheffield? He is old and i wouldn't be suprised to see him get hurt with his agressive swing.

And if you want to bring up World Series tomfoolery, just look at how the Cardinals smoked the Tigers last year. Nobody expected them to destroy the Tigers as much as they did.

Or look at the NHL playoffs. Detroit showed up with the best record in the league and ended up demolished in the first series. Things always change in the postseason. Players get more pumped up, are under more pressure, and a lot of them will surprise you (either for good or for bad).

We can predict all we want based on the stats, but it's not going to change the fact that we have no clue what's going to happen until the SuperBowl.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":a200a said:
>|<>QBB<

Yanks fan?

Contreras started off the year 8-0 (or something like that last year) then really cooled down big time. Garland was out most consistent pitcher last year, and basically our only one. Javier Vasquez was very shaky, especially in the 6th inning of many of his games. Needless to say, Buehrle was a big disappointment last year. He is supposed to be our ace and his finished the year under .500 if I'm not mistaken.

Consistency was BY FAR our biggest problem last year, not only with pitching, but with the bats sometimes too. To win the World Series in 2005 and then miss the playoffs in 2006 with what I thought was a better team than the year before was pretty disappointing. I guess we will see how this year goes.

>|<>QBB<
danyeo":5caec said:
>|<>QBB<

What? :?

The Bears almost beat your Pats at Foxboro earlier this year. Grossman did lose that game for them and especially on their last drive. Samuel had a couple of nice picks for the Pats in that game. Don't get me wrong I have great respect for Belicheck, Brady, Manning,Dungy, Harrison etc. I just think the fuckers that are already predicting a Colts 45-14 victory can go shove their elitist attitude. The Bears D will keep them in the game....and I don't think that's a stretch by any means...if they play like they played last week or earlier in the season they can play with anyone...

Back