2007 Caparisons

• Thread starter Thread starter mrp5150
  • Start date Start date
>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":54b2d said:
Some of you must be incredible builders to look at a photo and deam something was cheaply made, I wish I was that good.

I didn't say it was cheaply made, just the finish cheapened it.

Like I said, the more solid ones look good.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":da655 said:
>|<>QBB<

You said Mr Hero's guitar looks cheap but it is in England :?

I don't like the Ernie Ball JP guitars at all, they look cheap and ugly to me. They're nice guitars, but I would never play one.

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":d1c81 said:
>|<>QBB<

I didn't say it was cheaply made, just the finish cheapened it.

Like I said, the more solid ones look good.

You need to try the new F1 JP Mr. Hero, very freaking nice guitars. I enjoyed playing them very much.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":791ef said:
>|<>QBB<

You need to try the new F1 JP Mr. Hero, very freaking nice guitars. I enjoyed playing them very much.

I'm not mad on the finish, but I could get over that if it plays aswell as the original JP.

How is the painted neck?

>|<>QBB<
Random Hero":12ef2 said:
>|<>QBB<

I'm not mad on the finish, but I could get over that if it plays aswell as the original JP.

How is the painted neck?

I would have to hit it with 0000 steel wool if I were to know I was keeping it.

I am starting to wonder how much people know about how paint is applied to guitars around here and what takes skill and time and what does not :?

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":5dec7 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would have to hit it with 0000 steel wool if I were to know I was keeping it.

I am starting to wonder how much people know about how paint is applied to guitars around here and what takes skill and time and what does not :?

Its common knowledge all thats involved is a rattle can and a sponge. :lol:

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":01ba2 said:
>|<>QBB<

Its common knowledge all thats involved is a rattle can and a sponge. :lol:

I posted a pic of a Hamer that had a burst which takes two days to complete due to dry times and feathering and was told it looked cheap :?

Metal Flake finishes is another funny one, I know guys that shoot flake finishes and it is not easy at all and during buffing it is very easy to screw up.

Dude...I have a pic of you at John's place with the bass flipped over...I have to post it!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":9f1af said:
>|<>QBB<

Dude...I have a pic of you at John's place with the bass flipped over...I have to post it!

Post it up! Im going to a post a NAMM thread eventually. I need to rezise all my pictures though because they're massive. :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":29827 said:
>|<>QBB<
Metal Flake finishes is another funny one, I know guys that shoot flake finishes and it is not easy at all and during buffing it is very easy to screw up.

Caparison used to do that finish as well. The black marble and white marble finishes they used to do are also very difficult. Itaru does the finishes on every Caparison. He also does the inlays on every guitar, and he does a setup on every guitar before it leaves the factory.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":557dc said:
>|<>QBB<

I posted a pic of a Hamer that had a burst which takes two days to complete due to dry times and feathering and was told it looked cheap :?

i can appreciate the time and work that goes into finishing a guitar like that, but there are a lot of finishes i just don't like

does it bother me, do i have to bash the guitars because of their finish, or constantly talk about how ugly they are? nope

i'm not particularly attracted to guitars that i think are ugly, but if they sound and play good enough then the looks don't matter

a lot of people say the ltd's i like so much look and feel cheap because of the finishes on them...i love it because i can beat the hell out of them and not hurt em too much :twisted:

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":976f4 said:
Some of you must be incredible builders to look at a photo and deam something was cheaply made, I wish I was that good.

I'm not talking about these photos, but previous ones that Mega has posted, you can clearly see great frework on the Caparisons, as well as the talent needed to pull off some of those paintjobs, despite what they look like.

>|<>QBB<
>|<>QBB<

I do, but only because I've been around painting for half my life. The biggest thing to look for are runs in the finish, especially near the cavities. I noticed this flaw right away on my Warmoth guitar.

>|<>QBB<
>|<>QBB<

Huge issue with metal flake is not necessarily the buffing process, but the actual spraying process. The metal flake can clog the sprayers and make it "spurt" instead of spray. When that happens, you got some serious issues at hand. It's actually why EB stopped doing all those metal flake finishes. Burst finishes are 100% art. Those who do them well are amazing. However, there are those that are just plain shitty when it comes to the feathering of the other paints.

Yeah, bursts are an art form and to get true 3D looking bursts it takes a lot of time. I can understand if you are not into them but to say cheap you are really saying I have no clue about guitar painting :wink:

Flake is a pain in the ass and yes guns clogging is a big issue, major sanding and redo if that happens. Ibanez has flake mastered for mass product pieces.

Screw it anyways....man I love my well worn 565 8)

Mark mainly cares about looks and tone. He doesn't care about how a guitar plays. I'm pretty sure he bought Bob's Vigier because it looked badass and he heard some clips of it on Youtube that he thought sounded good. However, I think he's gonna sell it already when it hasn't even arrived at his place since those new 07 Caparisons came out.

Back