I'm Loving my Egnater Mod50!

• Thread starter Thread starter PeteLaramee
  • Start date Start date
PeteLaramee
PeteLaramee
This thing is awesome. I have 3 modules (MHG, SL2, and DLX) and they all sound great. I think I'll add the E3/4 and Twin modules next and I have a Cusack Screamer on the way to try in SL2(A). :thumbsup:

I can't believe I don't hear much about these.

I went to Bruce's booth and man do I want the M4 preamp :o Real nice guy as well, nice to do business with guys like that.

I love my Rm-100 head, I have heard the eggie stuff sounds even better :mrgreen:

The Egnater MOD 100 I had is definitely one of the best amps I have ever played. PERIOD.

I will have another or the 50 version again.

Bruce is excellent to deal with and definitely one of those folks who cares about his customers.

>|<>QBB<
mctallica1":c6e98 said:
The Egnater MOD 100 I had is definitely one of the best amps I have ever played. PERIOD.

I will have another or the 50 version again.

Bruce is excellent to deal with and definitely one of those folks who cares about his customers.
When you bought your 100 and wrote about it sparked some more interest for me. Going through so many amps I rarely get my hopes up anymore so this is such a pleasant surprise!

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":c6e98 said:
I went to Bruce's booth and man do I want the M4 preamp :o Real nice guy as well, nice to do business with guys like that.
I've heard/read he's a good guy to deal with. I did email him with a problem I had (1 bad power amp and 1 preamp tube) and didn't get a response, but since it was a few days before namm I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. :wink:

>|<>QBB<
BOOGIE444":879b3 said:
I love my Rm-100 head, I have heard the eggie stuff sounds even better :mrgreen:
When I tried the RM and I liked it I figured I'd like this even better...and I do! :thumbsup:

very cool I think ive made my choice im gonna go with a MOD 50 with the new Twin/deluxe on clean/blues and either the EG3/4 or the MHG.
In your opinion whats amps does the MHG closest resemble. ive heard Suhr, Soldano,

>|<>QBB<
Qweklain":2f0b1 said:
What's so spectacular about the M4 preamp Digital?

It is pretty much the MOD amp without the power amp so you can run whatever you want. The magic imo are the modules, load up all four slots and you have one serious box of tone.

>|<>QBB<
gtr31":5ea4f said:
very cool I think ive made my choice im gonna go with a MOD 50 with the new Twin/deluxe on clean/blues and either the EG3/4 or the MHG.
In your opinion whats amps does the MHG closest resemble. ive heard Suhr, Soldano,
I recently read the MHG closely resembles a Diezel, but I've never played one. The sound/texture of the gain doesn't sound anything like the CAA OD100 I tried. I guess I would say closer to an SLO, but with more lows and low-mids. Very thick and liquid.

The DLX with strat/singles/out of phase with mids on 0 sounds incredible. It sounds great even while playing on the low b on my 7string. Having said that I'd probably like a twin/dlx module if they are coming out with one of those.

Get the randall ultra lead, its sounds so good it will make a grown man cry....... :(

Back