The EVH Fender NAMM 07 thingie...anyone have the vids?

• Thread starter Thread starter tweed
  • Start date Start date
tweed
tweed
The have been removed from YouTube. Anyone save them by chance? I would love to have them.

I did. I can put them on youtube later tonight when I return home :)

>|<>QBB<
4nkam":d7a0f said:
I did. I can put them on youtube later tonight when I return home :)

would be awesome if there was an ftp site with the vids so they could be downloaded as well :D

they said he was as drunk as a skunk :o
but still blew the crowd away :)

devine.jpg

There ya go bro..............................

Nevermind his nervous playing... I thought the tone sounded damn good. That custom Seymour Duncan humbucker in the guitar probably doesnt hurt either. I wonder what kind of speakers are in the cab...

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":8bf70 said:
>|<>QBB<

Pfffftttttttt....like we ever had a chance to meet so I can take your lines :roll:
Give me a break! You stole that line from the earlier VH thread today. Admit it !!!!! :x

Steve

>|<>QBB<
sah5150":c0e31 said:
>|<>QBB<
Give me a break! You stole that line from the earlier VH thread today. Admit it !!!!! :x

Steve

I did not steal "get me a break!" from you Steve.

>|<>QBB<
Telephant":d788f said:
Nevermind his nervous playing... I thought the tone sounded damn good. That custom Seymour Duncan humbucker in the guitar probably doesnt hurt either. I wonder what kind of speakers are in the cab...

i was talking to zachman about this very point....duncans to my ears DESTROY anything dimarzio tries to do. i truly believe i am hearing the duncan advantage as well as a warmer fatter sounding amp in general.

and against all odds, i still have a soft spot in my heart for VH when he is at least trying to be civil.

bu the duncan vs. dimarzio case in point---has anyone heard the recent fender/yngwie clip?????

dimarzio tone in full effect!

oOooOffffF whadda disastrous tone, strewn with some of the sloppiest malmsteen i've ever laid ears on ! insult to injury moment.

by contrast, what other musician on earth could get onstage, let's say a famous sax player, and hoink out a solo under the pretense/style of virtuosity, and sputter and clamato out a barrage of oopsies one after the next, with a staggeringly tinfoil tone in comparison to a rich fluid sound they were known for, and arrogantly carry on as if the audience is lucky to be in his presence?

it's like a bad contestant on american idol thinking they have "it".

yngwie totally had it, no question, and may still be sitting on it, but sometimes the true colors of "just a rocker" come foaming forth.

his orchestra stuff is like an endurance race, but he is known for his quality sprint. he finishes which is admirable, but there are no goosebump improv moments like his heyday. yet like eddie, i still have a soft place in my heart for one of my main early influences.

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":fc477 said:
>|<>QBB<

i was talking to zachman about this very point....duncans to my ears DESTROY anything dimarzio tries to do. i truly believe i am hearing the duncan advantage as well as a warmer fatter sounding amp in general.

and against all odds, i still have a soft spot in my heart for VH when he is at least trying to be civil.

bu the duncan vs. dimarzio case in point---has anyone heard the recent fender/yngwie clip?????

dimarzio tone in full effect!

oOooOffffF whadda disastrous tone, strewn with some of the sloppiest malmsteen i've ever laid ears on ! insult to injury moment.

by contrast, what other musician on earth could get onstage, let's say a famous sax player, and hoink out a solo under the pretense/style of virtuosity, and sputter and clamato out a barrage of oopsies one after the next, with a staggeringly tinfoil tone in comparison to a rich fluid sound they were known for, and arrogantly carry on as if the audience is lucky to be in his presence?

it's like a bad contestant on american idol thinking they have "it".

yngwie totally had it, no question, and may still be sitting on it, but sometimes the true colors of "just a rocker" come foaming forth.

his orchestra stuff is like an endurance race, but he is known for his quality sprint. he finishes which is admirable, but there are no goosebump improv moments like his heyday. yet like eddie, i still have a soft place in my heart for one of my main early influences.

I can't say that you're necessarily wrong about the duncan v. dimmy thing since you're fully entitled to that opinion, but I'd point to three cases to the contrary...

1. Recent NAMM nightmares aside, YJM has used dimmys for years with great tone.

2. EJ's "Virginia" sunburst 54 strat...that was an HS-2 in the bridge.

3. EBMM EVH custom dimarzio pickups...some of the best pickups anywhere. ever. ever.

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":9aafe said:
devine.jpg

There ya go bro..............................

>|<>QBB<
Digital Jams":9aafe said:
>|<>QBB<

I did not steal "get me a break!" from you Steve.

He did however apparently steal the idea for the train wreck picture from me though (my post from this morning, second from the bottom): ;)

http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43570&page=2

>|<>QBB<
ratter":70c57 said:
>|<>QBB<

I can't say that you're necessarily wrong about the duncan v. dimmy thing since you're fully entitled to that opinion, but I'd point to three cases to the contrary...

1. Recent NAMM nightmares aside, YJM has used dimmys for years with great tone.

2. EJ's "Virginia" sunburst 54 strat...that was an HS-2 in the bridge.

3. EBMM EVH custom dimarzio pickups...some of the best pickups anywhere. ever. ever.

i took that into account. and you're right, they were able to get some nice tones using those pickups. but i've had the hs2, super distortion, tone zone, and probably 2-3 other dimarzios in my gtrs in the past and personally they all have a consistant harshness to them i'd rather avoid.

paul gilbert's tone at the viper room was how shall we say....guitar centerish...? but he is a monster technician. but both he and vai have dimarzio tones aplenty.

petrucci can sound very nice however.

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":1a4be said:
>|<>QBB<

i took that into account. and you're right, they were able to get some nice tones using those pickups. but i've had the hs2, super distortion, tone zone, and probably 2-3 other dimarzios in my gtrs in the past and personally they all have a consistant harshness to them i'd rather avoid.

paul gilbert's tone at the viper room was how shall we say....guitar centerish...? but he is a monster technician. but both he and vai have dimarzio tones aplenty.

petrucci can sound very nice however.

Blue Powder and Bad Horsie.......Dimmys :oops:

Hey Pat, get ready then for a crapfest of Dimarzios cause the first shows for G3 are in your neck of the woods and the line up is......

Satch
JP

PAUL GILBERT!!!!!!!

I expect a report only you can provide :)

Back