Help me figure out this computer error!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter nickname009
  • Start date Start date
N
nickname009
OK so I got a tascam US-122, the other day, installed it, runs fine etc. i use cubase to record it, but every so often, since I got the tascam, my comp's been fucking up on me, either freezing to the point where I have to shut it off through the power bar, or it just randomly restarts itself.

I attached the error msg that comes up when it boots back from restarting itself. HELPPPPPPP!!!!!

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,117
See if there's an update for the firmware or driver for the tascam... looks like there's something fucked up with it.

Upload the log file, and check the Event Viewer's system and application logs for errors.

What version of Cubase are you running.

Looks like you have the older version of VST installed and SX.

I blame norton. Uninstall that shit and load a respectable anti-virus. :)

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":b53b0 said:
Upload the log file, and check the Event Viewer's system and application logs for errors.

And if you can export the event log and post it here, that'd help. Both the System and Application event logs.

I dunno, but based on the error message, it sounds serious ;)

>|<>QBB<
King Crimson":3ba89 said:

where do i get/find the event viewer's system/application logs??
I'm using a real old version of Cubase SX, version 1.0.6 build 78, the reason I use this is because my bandmates gave it to me and they use it, so I figure it'd be easier if we all use the same program.

What came with the tascam was the Gigastudio and Cubasis VST, I haven't used either but have them installed.

1) Get rid of Norton
2) Update firmwares from the website of the hardware
3) Do the event viewer thing if #1-2 dont' work
4) Uninstall the hardware, maybe your setup isn't optimized for it.

k guys it's been a while i stopped recording but finally decided to try it again today hoping it would work, i uninstalled norton and still got the same problem happnening, i've uploaded another screen shot of the error msg (i think it's more specific) and tried uploading both the application and system logs but rig talk doesn't allow the EVT extension..soooooooo i'm uploading screen shots...

the data in syslog is as follows:

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 66 000000f
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 34 2c 20 000004,
0038: 38 36 33 35 66 31 32 30 8635f120
0040: 2c 20 38 36 33 35 61 63 , 8635ac
0048: 62 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 b0, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

Attachments

• error2.JPG
    error2.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • applog.JPG
    applog.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,045
  • syslog.JPG
    syslog.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,045
EDIT...

I did a search on that particular Event ID and source, and it appears to stem from possibly a bad RAM stick or the paging file messing up. Download Ultimate Boot CD and boot your PC with this disc in the drive.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Then run WinMemTest (I believe it's under the MainBoard Tools section - you'll see what i mean when you boot the PC w/ that CD). If no errors were detected in your RAM then you're good on hardware.

Also, What service pack do you have installed for XP? I would recommend going to http://update. microsoft.com and checking to see you have at least Service Pack 2 installed.

Also, you might consider setting your paging file to a static value so it doesn't resize dynamically. I can guide you through this if you need. Let us know in this thread.

I have XP with service pack 2, and i never used to have this problem before when recording and such, I like to believe my ram is fine, I bought it in accordance with the motherboard type etc.

HOwever I DID go to that XP tuning site where you tune your XP settings to enhance recording and such, I DID change the paging file stuff, but I also remember changing it back to something else...so I would need some help on setting recommendations for the paging file stuff. Please walk me through it if you can, i know how to get to it, (right click my comp, properties, advanced, performance--settings, advanced, virtual memory--change) I don't know what value i should put and such.

I've got 2 hard drives, one paritioned with only windows and small misc stuff on it (C:) about 20 gigs, the other partition is random stuff, also about 20 gigs and my other hd is a 120gig HD for my music/recording.
Hope that helps!

Eeew most of that XP tuning stuff is useless. I've messed with it all so much over the years and I can't say I never noticed a real increase in performance on any computer I ever tried it on. It did mess some stuff up, though. :retard:

So, uh, format and buy an iPhone. :?

Seems like the page file to me. If it's a bad stick of RAM, use memtest to check it.

Back