Anthrax - deadbeat band again, WTF.

• Thread starter Thread starter deadwrong666
  • Start date Start date
deadwrong666
deadwrong666
Jesus, Belladonna left the band again, why do they keep pissing him off? Without him, the band is sht.

Scott Ian says======= :datz:
Finally, we're going back to work. We're going to Chicago to work our asses off and write a record. It's time. We're ready. One problem... no singer.

"We were offered a direct support slot on a major tour this spring and Joey [Belladonna, vocals] decided he did not want to move forward. The reunion is over. We tried to make it work but I guess that's the problem, you can't 'make' something work. It's gotta be natural and at least becoming a band again and playing live was.

Ya, like go on tour, blow away everyone....play like you did 10 years ago.....then split.

WTF. That is a real letdown.

:-&

>|<>QBB<
RIFF":22b70 said:
what happened to Bush?

You divorce your wife, find a new wife, divorce, bring back orginal wife, divorce, would/should you cower and asked wife 2 to come back. Would wife 2 want to come back.

I wouldnt.

Bury the band, start a new one.

How about bringing back Billy Milano for SOD. Fuck.....

Scott Ian has become a spinal tap episode.

>|<>QBB<
deadwrong666":fe2ae said:
>|<>QBB<

BTW, I want your avatars bush, who dat?
heh, u mean Riff? :D Thats Sophia Vergara. Shes a Columbian model/actress that I LUST for! :thumbsup:

I was just curious why they ditched Bush, was it just to get Joey back?

If the new album is a return to their thrash of old, I dont think Bush would fit anyway. He is a great singer, but I never like him singing the older stuff. He had more of a "hard rock" than a thrash voice in my book...

>|<>QBB<
Scott Ians Beard":de902 said:
If the new album is a return to their thrash of old, I dont think Bush would fit anyway. He is a great singer, but I never like him singing the older stuff. He had more of a "hard rock" than a thrash voice in my book...
+1
i like John Bush with Anthrax alot but i never care for much of the old stuff being sung by him. a few songs were good.
i've always gotten the impression Joey seemed like a cock. kind of," its all about me" sort of thing. i think he was a great singer in days of old Anthrax but i didn't see the recent tour or anything. i actually felt bad for John when the reunion was announced. hopefully they reincarnate the Bush Anthrax.

>|<>QBB<
vchizzle":fbcb6 said:
>|<>QBB<
+1
i like John Bush with Anthrax alot but i never care for much of the old stuff being sung by him. a few songs were good.
i've always gotten the impression Joey seemed like a cock. kind of," its all about me" sort of thing. i think he was a great singer in days of old Anthrax but i didn't see the recent tour or anything. i actually felt bad for John when the reunion was announced. hopefully they reincarnate the Bush Anthrax.

I saw them on the reunion tour, Joey sounded really good. The whole band was superb. He did seem to give an air of "all about him" though, as you say...

at least a new album doesnt come out and kill the legacey..that usually happens when a band becomes more of a business than 5 guys that start out in there garage....

I liked the John Bush stuff but I couldnt think of a more unenventful reunion if they try to get back toghether... I dont think any lable would care about putting out a John Bush/Anthrax disc at this point

Scott and Charlie need to put thrax to rest...

look for them to milk another SOD tour in the near future...

>|<>QBB<
t-rave":35455 said:
at least a new album doesnt come out and kill the legacey..that usually happens when a band becomes more of a business than 5 guys that start out in there garage....

I liked the John Bush stuff but I couldnt think of a more unenventful reunion if they try to get back toghether... I dont think any lable would care about putting out a John Bush/Anthrax disc at this point

Scott and Charlie need to put thrax to rest...

look for them to milk another SOD tour in the near future...
yeah, i hear what your saying. i just remember when the reunion was announced, that it wasn't neccessarily the end of working with Bush. i don't know what all took place. maybe it progressed to that, i don't know. i hate to see this be the end of these guys, only for the fact that any other bands or projects any these guys take on are probably gonna flop. at least with Anthrax, you know you get a solid album, even if it doesn't sell great. and actually the last album with Bush fucking smoked.

Good riddence to Anthrax. Scott Ian is such a media whore. Spent too much time hanging with Gene Simmons.

I'm surprised they didn't release an album of Joey singing Bush era songs. Then a live album of the same. Then a DVD of the same. Then a double live 'extended' version of the first live CD, etc etc...

This band jumped the shark a long time ago, so I don't really care.

I liked John Bush as a singer. He was great in Armored Saint. But yeah, it wasnt the same hearing him do old Thrax.

Back